S4 over One

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I believe there could be multiple reasons. The S4 has a removable battery and expandable storage. It also has an AMOLED screen that a lot of people prefer. It is offered on more carriers than the One. And it has features that the One doesn't have. That's just to name a few.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The most common arguments for the S4 over the One seem to be:

• Larger Screen
  • Available on their Network
  • Removable Battery
  • Expandable Storage
  • Better Camera (other than the low-light comparisons which the One seems made for)
  • More Accessories
  • Software Features (some people may really like one or more features from TouchWiz)
  • Easier to Have Repaired

raziel

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
At first, I was frustrated with the S4 and was using the HTC One and loved it. However, after installing GoldenEye ROM, my primary device is the S4 because of the memory card expandability (Apps2SD now possible) and the most important factor is the replaceable battery which is important to me because there are several situations where I'm not near a charger for most of the day.

Last edited:

satannik

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Air view, smart stay, wave to answer calls, overclocked to 1.9 , has 4.2.2 (which One owners are dying for which makes me lol) , Qualcomm snap dragon , very light, the phone looks amazing (the One does too but it looks heavy).

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy S 4

double923

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I really like HTC One, there are very few reasons for me:

One
- camera suck!
- menu bar suck!

S4 has its own cons, but for now S4 out weighs the One.

S4
- speaker suck!

Posted via Android Central App

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I have and use both. The S4 is better for:

1. Larger more colorful screen
2. Better LED notifications
3. Longer battery life
4. Better button placement
5. 4.2.2
6. No black menu bar
7. Bluetooth notifications
8. Smoother game play.

Andrawer

May 31, 2011
Visit site
After using the HTC One for 3 weeks I thought it was awesome but ...I switched to the S4 because personally...

Larger Screen
Ability to wake up the S4 via home key (One's power key location drove me batty)
Removable Battery
Better Camera for my needs (daytime outdoors)
Lighter weight and shorter than the One.
I felt the plastic body would be more durable based on my experience with aluminum versus my prior Samsung phones.

SirGeorgeKillian

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
For me the deciding factor comes down to battery. Coming from a Razr Maxx, they both suck in that category, however the S4 gives me the option of adding a larger one (for under 20 bucks at that). With my line of work, that is far more important than any other feature.

Plus when you take into account there is no SD slot it really ticks me off. I mean really, who does that on Android. They sound like that fruit based company....

Sent from my Samsung S4.

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Verizon and didn't have a choice...if Verizon had the One then I'd definitely have been very conflicted and I'm not sure which I would have chosen.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 6, 2013
Visit site
For all of the reasons mentioned above ...
The main stickler for me was button placement though. I spent quite awhile down at the at&t store playing with the one and it didn't feel natural to use at all. I'm speaking of the power button placement, home & back button placement, and lack of a menu button.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
For all of the reasons mentioned above ...
The main stickler for me was button placement though. I spent quite awhile down at the at&t store playing with the one and it didn't feel natural to use at all. I'm speaking of the power button placement, home & back button placement, and lack of a menu button.

The button lay out is not a deal breaker nor should it be. You will get used to it within a week anyways. I came from an S3 and I did hate it at first. Otherwise the device is great! The same can be said about the S4 if you want a bigger screen and the button layout is THAT important to you.

In update 4.2.2 for the HTC One we will be getting the menu button option back. HTC seems to be listening to it's phone owners. That is a great thing IMO!

Ashwani_M

May 1, 2013
Visit site
google it mate.. hundreds of reasons to choose S4 over HTC one. It's very basic if you really are following mobile world and recent advancements..

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
The button lay out is not a deal breaker nor should it be. You will get used to it within a week anyways. I came from an S3 and I did hate it at first. Otherwise the device is great! The same can be said about the S4 if you want a bigger screen and the button layout is THAT important to you.

In update 4.2.2 for the HTC One we will be getting the menu button option back. HTC seems to be listening to it's phone owners. That is a great thing IMO!

Uh, you did read the OP question didn't you? You seem to be replying to a question that was not asked. Read it again, I think you'll see my point.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Everything everyone else said (except cgardnervt) :D But additionally, I own the S3 and I am very happy with its performance and support. By buying a top tier phone you don't have to worry about your phone being forgotten by the developers, accessory suppliers or the manufacturer. I looked at other phones but based on experience and features I bought the S4.

Mr.Willie

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Air view, smart stay, wave to answer calls, overclocked to 1.9 , has 4.2.2 (which One owners are dying for which makes me lol) , Qualcomm snap dragon , very light, the phone looks amazing (the One does too but it looks heavy).

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy S 4

Um, I am running 4.2.2 on my One.

For me the deciding factor comes down to battery. Coming from a Razr Maxx, they both suck in that category, however the S4 gives me the option of adding a larger one (for under 20 bucks at that). With my line of work, that is far more important than any other feature.

Plus when you take into account there is no SD slot it really ticks me off. I mean really, who does that on Android. They sound like that fruit based company....

Sent from my Samsung S4.

Well Google is trying to kill off the S/D slot...

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I didn't care for removable storage.
The only reason I care about removable battery is if there's a malfunction with my phone battery in a year, I can replace it. People with HTC One's... cannot.

Bigger Screen (does make a difference)
Amoled Display
Better overall camera

I root -- so I choose GS4 over One because I don't care for smooth slick out of box experience or HTC design over samsung design.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Bigger battery
Thinner body
Removable battery good for having spares
Inductive Charging
Removable storage
More resilient composite construction
Very easy repairability

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II

Members online