[GALAXY S4] Help with 'disabled by administrator encryption policy, or credential storage'

mholmes1234

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I just switched back to an android phone (previous droid x) after being an iPhone user to 'try it out' I feel free and I am loving my S4. But I have run into a problem, I did something and now I can not change my screen lock passcode access to anything but a password. All other options are greyed out under them saying, 'disabled by administrator encryption policy, or credential storage'

I searched the forums on here and other sites, did not find anything for the s4, only s2/3. I did what others said worked, clearing credentials, and still I am not able to change my screen lock.

Please help!!!!

K/r,
Matt

wjeffries

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Are connected to a work email via Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync? If so, it is probably the work network policy that is locking it. If not, I'm not sure but maybe someone more knowledgeable will have an answer.

mholmes1234

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Are connected to a work email via Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync? If so, it is probably the work network policy that is locking it. If not, I'm not sure but maybe someone more knowledgeable will have an answer.

I am just connected to my gmail through the 'mail' application, besides that no Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.

mholmes1234

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
The only thing that I think might be causing this is when I was setting up the phone I encrypted the sd card in the phone. I went to un-encrypt it but now can not figure out how, it just asks me to put in the password I use for the screen lock.

Anyone have an ideas or help with this one? Getting tired of entering in a damn text every time I go to use my phone haha

yochanon

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
First go to Settings > Security > Device Administrators.
Deactivate all programs there.
then go back to Security and click clear credentials at the bottom of the page.

That is what worked for me after using AirDroid.

mholmes1234

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the help yochanon, I tried that and still wont let me change from a password, everything is grayed out and saying the same message.

There has to be someone out there that knows this one??

That is what worked for me after using AirDroid.

mholmes1234

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Okay I got it figured out, I had to de-crypt the SD card and then it would allow me to change the screen lock type. I thought it might be that, really stupid I can not use a PIN or something else for it and just a password for the SD card. Hopefully they fix this and make it an option soon, or if anyone knows of a way please let me know. Thank you for all the help

phoenix_4u

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I am facing same problem though never had encrypted my SD but feel that after started use of work email problem has started but in that case also what are the solutions ?

Islebback

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I got locked into a screen password by installing Foxfi, and I couldn't get rid of the screen lock, even after uninstalling Foxfi. I finally bit the bullet, cleared all my credentials, and I had access back to all my lock screen options. I tried a number of downloaded and system apps, my wifi connection also, and didn't notice any negative consequences from clearing all the saved credentials.

Mohammed Imran 539

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Follow the steps and check for the result.
apps> settings> more> device administrator> uncheck all the features running and deactivat it.

Please let me know if it works....*-*.

Mani Bharathi

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

Thanks yochanon its working for me.

AKandroid

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I had two items listed with check marks that required this level of security, deselecting them gave me access to the grayed out items listed as alternative security levels.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae