Questions from an iPhone convert

JessePinkman

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys - I've really enjoyed this forum while trying to learn how to do cool things with my new S4. The amount of options that Android has is kind of overwhelming but so far the only three things I miss about the iPhone. (iMessage, FaceTime, and the switch on the side for going from vibrate->ringer)

I had a few questions that I'm sure will be expanded upon in the future, but for now these are the main questions I have:

1) I figured out how to sync pictures between my Facebook friends and my contact list and I even managed to get the phone to not list the people I don't want in my contact list (so that everyone of my Facebook friends isn't listed when I go to search for a contact). However, whenever I am trying to do something like assign a contact picture to a contact it lists pretty much everyone from my gmail account, Facebook, and God knows where else. It's frustrating because this results in multiple contacts with the same name and I'm not sure which on is the "right" contact that shows up in my list. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Pretty sure I've run into this issue a few other times but I have no clue how to stop my phone from listing contacts from every account.

2) Are there any good downloads on the Play store that might provide a better looking "swipe to unlock" screen? The kind where you have to swipe your finger in a certain direction or movement to unlock. I know I've seen some really cool ones on other peoples but I'm not sure if that is always device specific or if there is a download.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello Jesse (breaking bad fan?),

I do not know how to assist in the first question. But for the second, I can advise looking into either go locker or widgetlocker. Widget locker is more highly customizable, but is a paid app. Go locker is free, and if you search the playstore, has many free premade themes for download.

Jennifer Stough
Forums Moderator
Device: Droid DNA unlocked, s-off, rooted, running Hatka Supreme Sense 5.0, Android 4.1.2

brooklynboy86

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
There's one question I have is why when go locker is active when I open or switch apps there's a delay of like 2 seconds.... Like the lock wallpaper will appear and then go back to the app

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta