I have an AT&T S4 and I will be traveling abroad next month. How can I unlock the phone so it can be used with different carriers?
    Should I call AT&T and ask for the unlock code?
    Thanks.
    06-17-2013 12:39 PM
    I have an AT&T S4 and I will be traveling abroad next month. How can I unlock the phone so it can be used with different carriers?
    Thanks.
    Your best bet is to call and find out. Make sure you're clear that you want to use another carrier's SIM, and not just get "International roaming" (or whatever AT&T may call it), if that's what you're trying to do. I know Verizon's GS4 comes unlocked for Internat'l use...not sure about AT&T.
    06-17-2013 12:43 PM
    Anyone know if Sprint's version can be used internationally, with a local SIM?
    06-17-2013 07:49 PM
    Thanks.
    Im also planning for an upgrade..and my choice is also the same AT&T S4..my main concern is that how much will they charge for unlocking the phone?

Posted via Android Central App
    06-18-2013 01:06 PM
    The S4 on sprint is Locked. you have to get an unlock code to use a local SIM internationally. Sprint requires the user to wait 90 days before they will provide an unlock code.
    06-18-2013 01:16 PM
    Yes, I did the online chat as I am traveling to Denmark. They gave me the unlock code in like 3 minutes. Unlocked and ready to go, tested with t mobile SIM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337
    srkmagnus likes this.
    06-18-2013 02:11 PM
    Yes, I did the online chat as I am traveling to Denmark. They gave me the unlock code in like 3 minutes. Unlocked and ready to go, tested with t mobile SIM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337
    How much did att charge you for the unlock code?

06-19-2013 03:00 AM
    How much did att charge you for the unlock code?

No charge.
    06-19-2013 07:07 AM
    Thanks.
    You can unlock your Samsung Galaxy S4 with the help of unlock code.To get unlock code visit Simpleunlocking.com. After receiving unlock code you can make use of Mobileunlockguide.com were free unlocking instructions are provided.
    09-30-2013 10:04 PM
    Thanks.
    Go on ebay and buy a unlock code for around 10$. Thats what I did for at&t. There is no need to contact at&t to do that.

10-01-2013 12:56 AM