06-21-2013 11:06 AM
239 1234 ...
tools
    At the end of the day people are going to post in defense of the phone they decided to buy LOL.

If you want build quality go for the HTC, if you want the best specs go for the S4. It is that simple Both phones are great phones, there is no question about that. I created the post in attempt to help those who like me were not sure of what phone to buy. I spent time with both and opted to go with the S4, those who opt to go with the HTC One will enjoy their phones too.
    06-18-2013 01:10 PM
    I bought the S4 because a letter (S) and a number (4) means it is a much higher model than a ( One ). Just kidding. Both the S4 and the One are great phones. They have far surpassed Apple at this stage.
    The S stands for hope. The "One" seems too narcissistic to me, in premise of name. Nice U2 song though.
    06-18-2013 01:26 PM
    Look, just because Samsung and some carriers market it as a flagship phone doesn't make it one. It's a tier two phone at best, and some people are okay with that...

But it does have one thing that's missing on the HTC, a physical home button...
    Yep, that's why Samsung sold 10 million in one month and Consumer Reports named it the best smartphone on the planet. They all love tier two(at best phones).
    06-18-2013 01:48 PM
    Trying hard not to troll here but you consider yourself a tech geek yet you bought a phone with 9gb of useable storage in 2013...a "flagship" phone at that.
    I do...but that's also because I keep everything in the cloud...you know...like most people in 2013

Posted via Android Central App
    Notsosure likes this.
    06-18-2013 01:52 PM
    A typical response from someone who most likely spent their life savings to afford the device which in 2 days will become obsolete.
    06-18-2013 01:54 PM
    Yep, that's why Samsung sold 10 million in one month and Consumer Reports named it the best smartphone on the planet. They all love tier two(at best phones).

That means little, I can find ten online "websites" that say the one is better then the S4 and the ones the smartphone of the year. The battle continues....

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    06-18-2013 01:55 PM
    Look, just because Samsung and some carriers market it as a flagship phone doesn't make it one. It's a tier two phone at best, and some people are okay with that...

But it does have one thing that's missing on the HTC, a physical home button...
    Yeah...this is why we can't have discussions about this. Because people have to turn it into a "look at me, I'm the smarty because I paid money for something that I think is better than something you spent money on...based on nothing but opinion...my opinion."

Posted via Android Central App
    Notsosure likes this.
    06-18-2013 01:55 PM
    That means little, I can find ten online "websites" that say the one is better then the S4 and the ones the smartphone of the year. The battle continues....

That doesnt mean the S4 is a "tier 2 phone, at best". So you're point is what exactly? There are just as many "websites" that pick the S4 over the One.
    06-18-2013 02:44 PM
    That doesnt mean the S4 is a "tier 2 phone, at best". So you're point is what exactly? There are just as many "websites" that pick the S4 over the One.
    Lol I'm not the one that said it was a teir 2 phone at best

madlaw1071 likes this.
    06-18-2013 03:10 PM
    Lol I'm not the one that said it was a teir 2 phone at best

He is right madlaw. Wrong person your aiming at .

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    Notsosure and DS1331 like this.
    06-18-2013 03:13 PM
    I bought the One for the FM radio, which doesn't seem to be an option on many phones at all anymore. I like being able to listen to the radio at work (especially when I know tickets are being given away). My local radio stations don't stream. That was what sold me on the One.
    06-18-2013 03:22 PM
    At the end of the day people are going to post in defense of the phone they decided to buy LOL.

If you want build quality go for the HTC, if you want the best specs go for the S4. It is that simple Both phones are great phones, there is no question about that. I created the post in attempt to help those who like me were not sure of what phone to buy. I spent time with both and opted to go with the S4, those who opt to go with the HTC One will enjoy their phones too.
    Who says the s4 has better specs? The processor is the same.. The screen is actually better on the one. The ram is the same. The op is claiming it's better than the one spec wise.
    I find the Sd card to actually make it worse because I want more internal storage on my phone so a spec is what the phone comes with on board right?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    haillyl likes this.
    06-18-2013 04:10 PM
    With the quad core performance of both phones, they won't lag in any apps, let's just agree they're both the best phones to be released this quarter and move on

Sent From My Nexus 4 (Pride and Joy)
    Notsosure likes this.
    06-18-2013 04:15 PM
    Who says the s4 has better specs? The processor is the same.. The screen is actually better on the one. The ram is the same. The op is claiming it's better than the one spec wise.
    I find the Sd card to actually make it worse because I want more internal storage on my phone so a spec is what the phone comes with on board right?
    Not sure that gimmicks count as specs but I guess waving your hand over the phone or having the phone move with your eyes are specs too?
    What about the option for blink feed or boom sound?
    Alot of differences but to make statements that one phone has better specs is made as fact and that is not fact.
    The phone is better for you and your needs that part is truth.
    Opinion is not fact.....

06-18-2013 04:18 PM
    With the quad core performance of both phones, they won't lag in any apps, let's just agree they're both the best phones to be released this quarter and move on

Sent From My Nexus 4 (Pride and Joy)
    I like this guy, sounds like a legit statement. Give him a thumbs up. But then what's the fun in giving in to the war ?

Topgonzo likes this.
    06-18-2013 05:00 PM
    I have a Galaxy Note 2 but I like to read all the threads on all the latest and greatest phones. My phone has 16gb of storage and I have so much loaded on my phone and I still have 9gb of space. I also watch movies all the time. My point is that my phone before this was an Optimus S. I had one app (Spades) and I only had 23MB left. If I got rid of Facebook, I went up to about 43MB left. I had this phone for two years and survived with that little memory. 16GB is like hitting the jackpot for me. I think the One and the S4 both are great phones. Each one excels at different things but to me, both screens are beautiful and again, compared to my Optimus S, I would be happy with either one. I think most people second guess themselves when they choose their next cell phone so justification is always being sought out. Since all of these threads are based mostly on opinion, it makes me wonder why the world cannot live harmoniously with 2 flagship phones LOL.
    Topgonzo likes this.
    06-18-2013 05:10 PM
    Good for you
    06-18-2013 06:46 PM
    You can't keep saying "HTC One is a great phone too" to make yourself sound like an objective observer when you say that the aluminum unibody is its only positive feature. There was another post in this thread that was a far fairer analysis. They are really close. They both have key flaws that will turn off certain kinds of people and key positives that will turn on some people.
    06-18-2013 08:37 PM
    *sigh*

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-18-2013 09:02 PM
    FINISH HIM!

HTC One WINS! Flawless victory!

*HTC One does some kinda epic winning pose*
    DS1331 likes this.
    06-18-2013 09:09 PM
    Some people hate the debates, I love them, really makes all these phones better. Fight on!

I really wanted the Asus padfone, but as I did not want to hassle with T-Mobile's network...I chose the HTC One even though I believe the S4 to be superior in a lot of ways:

• CPU close to the fastest even though s4 runs at 1.9 to the One's 1.7, the One felt better when I used both side by side, even though I read the s4 had better benchmarks. Other phones I considered just did not have this fast of a CPU.
    • Metal body (I'm a metal freak). I am tired of plastic for my phone, and I immediately jumped to the One S when it came out, but the One was even nicer to feel and to look at.
    • Size is about the max I can handle for one hand use. (Starting to sound like iPhone users).
    • I'm always on speaker phone at home and at work cause I hate holding my phone and the speakers are way better.
    • Battery-life (biggest pet peeve with my prior phones)
    • 32Gb Storage was plenty and I found I didn't swap out or add extra storage even when I was at 16gb.

And admittedly my achilles heel, I am a sucker for the designs HTC has produced over the last few years, they are just my style.

Wish HTC would have had a removable battery, probably the one thing that could have tipped me to the S4, z10, or Sony.

I
    Topgonzo likes this.
    06-18-2013 09:11 PM
    You can't keep saying "HTC One is a great phone too" to make yourself sound like an objective observer when you say that the aluminum unibody is its only positive feature. There was another post in this thread that was a far fairer analysis. They are really close. They both have key flaws that will turn off certain kinds of people and key positives that will turn on some people.
    This.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    06-18-2013 10:08 PM

Bob, you might want to take a look at the build quality threads regarding the HTC ONE on this site. Sunken buttons, misaligned panels. parts falling off, etc. I don't know why people keep saying the HTC build quality is so good when so many people are complaining about it.
    HTC One Has Many Manufacturing Defects! | NeoGalaxia

HTC One build quality problems and issues #HTCOne #Android #Defects - alexmanchester.com
    HTC One Has Build Quality Issues? | Mobile | www.indiatimes.com
    My Fav Geek Chick Exposes HTC One Build Quality Issues.
    HTC One poor quality control - xda-developers
    06-18-2013 10:25 PM
    Bob, you might want to take a look at the build quality threads regarding the HTC ONE on this site. Sunken buttons, misaligned panels. parts falling off, etc. I don't know why people keep saying the HTC build quality is so good when so many people are complaining about it.
    HTC One Has Many Manufacturing Defects! | NeoGalaxia

HTC One build quality problems and issues #HTCOne #Android #Defects - alexmanchester.com
    HTC One Has Build Quality Issues? | Mobile | www.indiatimes.com
    My Fav Geek Chick Exposes HTC One Build Quality Issues.
    HTC One poor quality control - xda-developers
    Many people seem to confuse build materials with build quality. That being said, the nondefective ones DO have great build quality. It's just a matter of finding one that fits that bill.

Jennifer Stough
    Forums Moderator
    Device: Droid DNA unlocked, s-off, rooted, running Hatka Supreme Sense 5.0, Android 4.1.2
    orion575 likes this.
    06-18-2013 10:44 PM
    Many people seem to confuse build materials with build quality. That being said, the nondefective ones DO have great build quality. It's just a matter of finding one that fits that bill.

Jennifer Stough
    Forums Moderator
    Device: Droid DNA unlocked, s-off, rooted, running Hatka Supreme Sense 5.0, Android 4.1.2
    This.

Just because you took a dump in a metal box doesn't change the fact that it's still a pile of dump. I'm not saying the HTC one is crap, but you know what I mean.

There is no one better phone, I've had two s4s and I'm on my third HTC one (first black and wow is it nice) and it's still hard even having both in front of me. I keep telling myself that logically the s4 is the better choice (larger screen, better daytime still photos, battery that's removable and yes I had a second battery, etc) but when it came down to it I always missed my HTC one. Maybe it's the fluid ui, HTC highlights (super awesome) or the speakers. I dunno, but it's always going to be like sti vs evo, BMW vs Benz. They are both so good that 9x out of 10 that slight bit of personal bias or small feature that you have to have will decide which one is best. For you.

06-18-2013 11:49 PM
239 1234 ...