Why I Bought The Galaxy S4 Over The HTC One

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I turned off animations under the Developer options and set max background processes to 4 and my S4 runs fast. No lag issues here to complain about.

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Trying hard not to troll here but you consider yourself a tech geek yet you bought a phone with 9gb of useable storage in 2013...a "flagship" phone at that.

Like I said in my post the HTC One is a great choice for those who want to go with it. Certainly not bashing it because it is a great phone, all I am saying is set the build quality differences aside and the HTC One really doesn't have anything on the S4.

I don't need more than 9gb and if I do I will take the back cover off my S4 and slide in an SD card...............because I can :) LOL.

Prandroid81

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I turned off animations under the Developer options and set max background processes to 4 and my S4 runs fast. No lag issues here to complain about.

Wow if you have to go through all that just to have a smooth running phone, htc one seems to have a big advantage. My htc one runs super fast. No lag issues at all.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Wow if you have to go through all that just to have a smooth running phone, htc one seems to have a big advantage. My htc one runs super fast. No lag issues at all.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

It took 20 seconds at the most LOL. As stated I am not here to bash either phone, the HTC One is a great phone but since my phone is in a case I am ok without the aluminum body and will take a removable battery, ability to upgrade storage and a better UI in place of that. For those who have the One it is a great phone, I simply prefer the S4 :)

Mr.Willie

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Trying hard not to troll here but you consider yourself a tech geek yet you bought a phone with 9gb of useable storage in 2013...a "flagship" phone at that.

Look, just because Samsung and some carriers market it as a flagship phone doesn't make it one. It's a tier two phone at best, and some people are okay with that...

But it does have one thing that's missing on the HTC, a physical home button... ;)

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
At the end of the day people are going to post in defense of the phone they decided to buy LOL.

If you want build quality go for the HTC, if you want the best specs go for the S4. It is that simple :) Both phones are great phones, there is no question about that. I created the post in attempt to help those who like me were not sure of what phone to buy. I spent time with both and opted to go with the S4, those who opt to go with the HTC One will enjoy their phones too.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I bought the S4 because a letter (S) and a number (4) means it is a much higher model than a ( One ). Just kidding. Both the S4 and the One are great phones. They have far surpassed Apple at this stage.

The S stands for hope. The "One" seems too narcissistic to me, in premise of name. Nice U2 song though.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Look, just because Samsung and some carriers market it as a flagship phone doesn't make it one. It's a tier two phone at best, and some people are okay with that...

But it does have one thing that's missing on the HTC, a physical home button... ;)

Yep, that's why Samsung sold 10 million in one month and Consumer Reports named it the best smartphone on the planet. They all love tier two(at best phones). :-\

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

I do...but that's also because I keep everything in the cloud...you know...like most people in 2013

Posted via Android Central App

oplix

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
A typical response from someone who most likely spent their life savings to afford the device which in 2 days will become obsolete.

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Yep, that's why Samsung sold 10 million in one month and Consumer Reports named it the best smartphone on the planet. They all love tier two(at best phones). :-\

That means little, I can find ten online "websites" that say the one is better then the S4 and the ones the smartphone of the year. The battle continues....

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

Yeah...this is why we can't have discussions about this. Because people have to turn it into a "look at me, I'm the smarty because I paid money for something that I think is better than something you spent money on...based on nothing but opinion...my opinion."

Posted via Android Central App

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
That means little, I can find ten online "websites" that say the one is better then the S4 and the ones the smartphone of the year. The battle continues....

That doesnt mean the S4 is a "tier 2 phone, at best". So you're point is what exactly? There are just as many "websites" that pick the S4 over the One.

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
That doesnt mean the S4 is a "tier 2 phone, at best". So you're point is what exactly? There are just as many "websites" that pick the S4 over the One.

Lol I'm not the one that said it was a teir 2 phone at best

lrigrem

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
I bought the One for the FM radio, which doesn't seem to be an option on many phones at all anymore. I like being able to listen to the radio at work (especially when I know tickets are being given away). My local radio stations don't stream. That was what sold me on the One.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
At the end of the day people are going to post in defense of the phone they decided to buy LOL.

If you want build quality go for the HTC, if you want the best specs go for the S4. It is that simple :) Both phones are great phones, there is no question about that. I created the post in attempt to help those who like me were not sure of what phone to buy. I spent time with both and opted to go with the S4, those who opt to go with the HTC One will enjoy their phones too.

Who says the s4 has better specs? The processor is the same.. The screen is actually better on the one. The ram is the same. The op is claiming it's better than the one spec wise.
I find the Sd card to actually make it worse because I want more internal storage on my phone so a spec is what the phone comes with on board right?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

privatesamso

May 3, 2013
Visit site
With the quad core performance of both phones, they won't lag in any apps, let's just agree they're both the best phones to be released this quarter and move on

Sent From My Nexus 4 (Pride and Joy)

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Who says the s4 has better specs? The processor is the same.. The screen is actually better on the one. The ram is the same. The op is claiming it's better than the one spec wise.
I find the Sd card to actually make it worse because I want more internal storage on my phone so a spec is what the phone comes with on board right?
Not sure that gimmicks count as specs but I guess waving your hand over the phone or having the phone move with your eyes are specs too?
What about the option for blink feed or boom sound?
Alot of differences but to make statements that one phone has better specs is made as fact and that is not fact.
The phone is better for you and your needs that part is truth.
Opinion is not fact.....

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
With the quad core performance of both phones, they won't lag in any apps, let's just agree they're both the best phones to be released this quarter and move on

Sent From My Nexus 4 (Pride and Joy)

I like this guy, sounds like a legit statement. Give him a thumbs up. But then what's the fun in giving in to the war ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze