Why I Bought The Galaxy S4 Over The HTC One

Status
Not open for further replies.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
That means little, I can find ten online "websites" that say the one is better then the S4 and the ones the smartphone of the year. The battle continues....

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Websites don't buy phones.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
My point exactly.. .

Then why are you citing websites that claim the HTC ONE is the superior phone? "I can find ten online "websites" that say the one is better then the S4?" It doesn't make sense. Only sales figures will tell you what is the most popular, and in the consumer's view, best phone, not websites' evaluations.

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Then why are you citing websites that claim the HTC ONE is the superior phone? "I can find ten online "websites" that say the one is better then the S4?" It doesn't make sense. Only sales figures will tell you what is the most popular, and in the consumer's view, best phone, not websites' evaluations.

Dude read the whole thread before you jump in. Some other guy listed a website stating the S4 was better then the one. So I said that means nothing I can find ten that say the opposite. Relax, sit back and read through the whole thread buddy

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Dude read the whole thread before you jump in. Some other guy listed a website stating the S4 was better then the one. So I said that means nothing I can find ten that say the opposite. Relax, sit back and read through the whole thread buddy

Sorry but you aren't very clear in your posts. Your explanation is illogical. But, I'll keep reading.

Blackfryar

May 1, 2013
Visit site
To me the HTC One as a concept is far superior to the S4. The Samsung played it safe with the same old, same old and resorted to what Samsung do best gimmicks and cheap quality.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
'Most' people in 2013? An user friendly 2013 flagship should target 'ALL' people in 2013.

Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Lol. Maybe most phone geeks. "Most" average phone users don't even know what the cloud is.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Glad to see this thread is turning into the same thing as all HTC One / S4 threads... Constant oh no your wrong mines better... Then someone saying nu uh mines better... Well ilovephones.com said so!... Oh yeah well ilovephonesbutichoseadifferenttopsmartphone.com says otherwise!

:banghead::rolleyes:

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Glad to see this thread is turning into the same thing as all HTC One / S4 threads... Constant oh no your wrong mines better... Then someone saying nu uh mines better... Well ilovephones.com said so!... Oh yeah well ilovephonesbutichoseadifferenttopsmartphone.com says otherwise!

I would report the person who is forcing you read the posts in this thread to the authorities immediately!

NovaWiz

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I have used the HTC One for 1 week before going back to ATT store and exchange for a GS4.

Reasons being:
1.I couldn't get enough details on the pictures I take with the One. Most of the photos I take are between 10am and noon somewhere outside, and that's where GS4's 13MP shines. HTC One's 4MP photos also look blurry on my 1440p screen(3.5MP).

2.The larger Screen(13% larger), I prefer AMOLED's more vibrant color as well. The darker black also looks better since I watch videos a lot in dark room or conditions(in a plane). HTC One's smaller screen looks even smaller when surrounded by the wide bezel around it.

3.HTC One's battery life is worse than GS4 from my experience(based on my usage model), most of my screen time are spent watching videos or reading ebooks(Google Play books have black background white text option) which is advantageous to an AMOLED display phone's battery life.

4. For $290 I can get a 16GB GS4, 64GB Samsung Micro SD card(10 year warranty, total of 68G Useable space) & A good case for my S4, while for $300 I can only get a HTC One 64GB(Total of about 55G useable space). Since I need the media storage space for my 50G of video I watch+ Photos/Podcasts/eBooks(need those on the plane so cloud is no go). This is pretty much a no brainer.

5.I prefer GS4's Size(shorter/wider) and button layout(power button on the side instead of top).

Things I still miss from HTC One:

The dual front facing speaker(Samsung need to figure out a way to have this for their next phone, I suggest remove the physical home button and put a speaker there, then enable to ear speaker up top to work for media playback).

Truth be told both are great phones, it just happens GS4 is the better fit for my usage model thus the better phone for me.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

My favorite post in this thread

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
A consumer shouldn't have to examine several of a particular model of a cell phone to pick one that is free of defects. We are not talking about produce or fruit. A manufacturer that produces cell phones that have to be compared side by side to find a defect free one is doing a pretty poor job of quality control. No one, including me, is saying any manufacturer of any product produces a perfect product every time. But that is why manufactures spend millions of dollars on quality control. Shifting that quality control to the guy buying a cell phone at the local store is a pretty shoddy business practice. So when some manufactures and owners praise the build quality of their phone and yet the web is full of reports of poor build quality something is amiss.

As to confusing build quality with build materials: Who did that? If any one is confused here is an example of poor build quality: A priceless diamond falls out of a poorly prepared setting. Here's an example of poor build materials: A glass, faux diamond breaks in a perfectly prepared setting.

I didn't say they should, nor did I say that a manufacturer makes a phone perfect all the time. I'm agreeing with you. Foreign concept, yes. I said "many people" confuse the two. Hence people praising the phone for being metal over Samsung's plastic. That is build materials, not quality.

Jennifer Stough
Forums Moderator
Device: Droid DNA unlocked, s-off, rooted, running Hatka Supreme Sense 5.0, Android 4.1.2

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

nice job. You seem to have coupled 200% more threads about One X Cracks then Ones. While I would love to sit here and continue to troll with you, I just lost the lust for it. Enjoy good sir :)

Samsung Galaxy S4 vs HTC One! - YouTube Just skip to 1:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2