Why I Bought The Galaxy S4 Over The HTC One

Status
Not open for further replies.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
nice job. You seem to have coupled 200% more threads about One X Cracks then Ones. While I would love to sit here and continue to troll with you, I just lost the lust for it. Enjoy good sir :)

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpiPzgBJU9M)(skip to 1:30)

Uh, you do know that they are all manufactured by HTC don't you? But you seem to have missed the point, all phones have screens that crack. Your attempt to cite S4 screen cracks as some kind of build quality issue was ludicrous. I'll wait while you find those reports of S4 poor build quality reports. Did you just call yourself a troll, "continue to troll with you"? :D

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Uh, you do know that they are all manufactured by HTC don't you? But you seem to have missed the point, all phones have screens that crack. Your attempt to cite S4 screen cracks as some kind of build quality issue was ludicrous. I'll wait while you find those reports of S4 poor build quality reports. Did you just call yourself a troll, "continue to troll with you"? :D

Yea, we are both trolling. I really don't care who thinks what is better, but your extreme fascination with attempting to make sure everyone agrees with your opinion on S4 vs One is troll-educing. The screen cracking issue is an issue. Meh, read what you want. screens crack when mishandled, S4 screens crack when they want to. :)

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Yea, we are both trolling. I really don't care who thinks what is better, but your extreme fascination with attempting to make sure everyone agrees with your opinion on S4 vs One is troll-educing. The screen cracking issue is an issue. Meh, read what you want. screens crack when mishandled, S4 screens crack when they want to. :)

I thought you lost your lust or something like that. Not responding to my points and making ad hominem attacks isn't adding to the discussion. How about the fact that screen cracking is endemic to all smart phones? Contrary to your earlier post trying to associate cracked screens with S4 build quality you have to agree that any smart phone screen can crack. To say otherwise might leave the wrong impression in the mind of a potential S4 or HTC ONE buyer.

BTW accusing me of trolling is against the forum rules.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Your attempt to cite S4 screen cracks as some kind of build quality issue was ludicrous.

But when you cite defective One units as build quality issues, it's perfectly fine, right?

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
To say otherwise might leave the wrong impression in the mind of a potential S4 or HTC ONE buyer.

BTW accusing me of trolling is against the forum rules.

Ok, so your banter with links about HTC One's build quality might leave the wrong impression, but the numerous posts of non "tramatic" screen cracking to the S4 is blasphemy? Dear God man. My HTC One is PERFECT, does that mean that I have some magical device that was dropped from heaven?

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
But when you cite defective One units as build quality issues, it's perfectly fine, right?

You don't seem to understand. I'm saying a broken screen is not a build quality issue, it is a user issue. The items I cited in post # 48 are not user caused defects they come from the factory that way. Now unless you think an owner breaking his phone's screen is a build quality issue you will have to agree with me.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so your banter with links about HTC One's build quality might leave the wrong impression, but the numerous posts of non "tramatic" screen cracking to the S4 is blasphemy? Dear God man. My HTC One is PERFECT, does that mean that I have some magical device that was dropped from heaven?

My posts were items posted by HTC ONE owners not my opinions. If you take the time to search for S4 build quality issues you will find few. If you search for HTC ONE build quality issues you will find many. A potential buyer could use that information to make an informed buying decision. I doubt you would buy a widget simply because one person said theirs was perfect. I assume you would research the widget to discover if it had quality or performance issues. Buying a phone because one persons says "My HTC One is PERFECT" is silly.

BTW why did you say this about your perfect phone? "My biggest problem is system and kernel usage, it's always sitting at ~20% and I don't know how to fix it. My s4 is around 3% "

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
You don't seem to understand. I'm saying a broken screen is not a build quality issue, it is a user issue. The items I cited in post # 48 are not user caused defects they come from the factory that way. Now unless you think an owner breaking his phone's screen is a build quality issue you will have to agree with me.

When the screen breaks so easily, it's a build quality issue. As already suggested, watch the following video. Skip to 1:30.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
When the screen breaks so easily, it's a build quality issue. As already suggested, watch the following video. Skip to 1:30.

Ha ha ha! Yeah that's a good example. Not. do you seriously sit around and flex your phone that way? I didn't see any screen breakage in that video what point are you trying to make. Citing screen breakage as a build defect then providing a video that doesn't show screen breakage is bizarre.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh no, another individual forced to read and participate in this thread! Somebody call the Avengers!

Oh we aren't forced.. I just like to read the forums and I go from the top down. Usually there is interesting discussion and then sometimes it's just a flame war. I can still disagree with it.. Simply take your own advice don't read my post if you don't like it :).

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

AngelArs

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, like Corvettes.

Apparently you don't know the difference between plastic and fiberglass.

If the plastic body of the s4 wasn't a problem, then why is it that Samsung is planning on using a "HTC One style metal body" for the new upcoming s5? Oh... Got 'cha there huh hotshot?

Google s4 defective screen. You'll find plenty of reports of dead pixels and off colors of the s4 screen. You'll also find plenty of reports of defective microphones. The list goes on.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Ha ha ha! Yeah that's a good example. Not. do you seriously sit around and flex your phone that way? I didn't see any screen breakage in that video what point are you trying to make. Citing screen breakage as a build defect then providing a video that doesn't show screen breakage is bizarre.

He didn't break the screen because he doesn't want a broken S4. If you watched the video, you would notice that he was only applying 50% pressure and that he said if he applied more the S4 would break (while the One didn't). If the S4 breaks far easier than the One, it means it has inferior build quality. If you refuse to accept that, all of your points about the One mean nothing.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Apparently you don't know the difference between plastic and fiberglass.

If the plastic body of the s4 wasn't a problem, then why is it that Samsung is planning on using a "HTC One style metal body" for the new upcoming s5? Oh... Got 'cha there huh hotshot?

Google s4 defective screen. You'll find plenty of reports of dead pixels and off colors of the s4 screen. You'll also find plenty of reports of defective microphones. The list goes on.

We're going to argue over plastic and fiberglass???? Good lord, it was a joke. Goodbye.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I would report the person who is forcing you read the posts in this thread to the authorities immediately!

You're just asking for a fight now. Replying sarcastically and rudely to a person with a legitimate concern about the level of hostility in this thread is just wrong.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
So I guess that about sums it up. If you want a well built, highly supported, latest operating systemed, easily repairable, expanded memoried, removable and long lasting batteried phone the S4 is for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.