Why I Bought The Galaxy S4 Over The HTC One

Status
Not open for further replies.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
So I guess that about sums it up. If you want a well built, highly supported, latest operating systemed, easily repairable, expanded memoried, removable and long lasting batteried phone the S4 is for you.

Did you read this?

He didn't break the screen because he doesn't want a broken S4. If you watched the video, you would notice that he was only applying 50% pressure and that he said if he applied more the S4 would break (while the One didn't). If the S4 breaks far easier than the One, it means it has inferior build quality. If you refuse to accept that, all of your points about the One mean nothing.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Blackfryar

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, the software may be expensive but IMO the handset looks cheap and indistinct from the plethora of polycarbonate phones out there.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Oofa

May 22, 2013
Visit site
HTC = BUILD QUALITY
SAMSUNG=AWESOME SCREEN
CAN WE FINISH THIS NOW?

Sent From My Nexus 4 (Pride and Joy)

Jeeezzzz! How about all of you that don't want to read this crap anymore and are tired of the same old discussion stop reading this and let other people do their thing without a bunch of crying about subject matter. STOP READING THIS THREAD IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE THREAD!

AngelArs

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
If you want, highly supported, latest operating systemed, easily repairable, expanded memoried, removable and long lasting batteried phone
Wow, you really like to alter reality don't you?

Let's break down your biased generalisations bit by bit so shall we?

As shown in this and other threads both units use the same operating system and version.

Neither phone is "easily" repairable. Both phones come with a warranty so it's a non-issue anyway.

Regarding expanded memory, my HTC One dev edition has 128 GB (64 onboard and 64 SD card) so that gives it much more than the S4 I used to have.

The S4 does have a removable battery, BUT again it's a non-issue because as fast as phone technology moves, 6 months to one year later ANY phone out today will be old hat. Any battery will last that long, and even if it doesn't there is always the warranty to fall back onto. So I see no real advantages to the s4. They're both good phones and and it comes down to personal preference. I'm sure the new iPhone coming out will blow away the s4, and then in 6 months it will be overtaken by some other phone. That's how technology works.

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
My posts were items posted by HTC ONE owners not my opinions. If you take the time to search for S4 build quality issues you will find few. If you search for HTC ONE build quality issues you will find many. A potential buyer could use that information to make an informed buying decision. I doubt you would buy a widget simply because one person said theirs was perfect. I assume you would research the widget to discover if it had quality or performance issues. Buying a phone because one persons says "My HTC One is PERFECT" is silly.

BTW why did you say this about your perfect phone? "My biggest problem is system and kernel usage, it's always sitting at ~20% and I don't know how to fix it. My s4 is around 3% "

HTC one reports it differently. Nice snooping though.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Notsosure

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Apparently you don't know the difference between plastic and fiberglass.

If the plastic body of the s4 wasn't a problem, then why is it that Samsung is planning on using a "HTC One style metal body" for the new upcoming s5? Oh... Got 'cha there huh hotshot?

Google s4 defective screen. You'll find plenty of reports of dead pixels and off colors of the s4 screen. You'll also find plenty of reports of defective microphones. The list goes on.

I'm confused...wasn't there plenty of people that owned the One that complained about dead pixel, issue with the metal body getting hot, buttons not lining up and so on and so on. Fact is both phones have their pros and their con's. Keep bashing but user complaints on HTC One forum speaks for itself.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

carlostmac1

May 30, 2013
Visit site
so, are you experiencing the notorious "lag" that everyone seems to have? I'm really, really nervous about purchasing the S4 now, and I have 38 days to upgrade day. maybe I'll just buy the S3 and be done with it...

I can tell you that I experienced the notorius lag. It was super annoying and i did manage to get rid of some it by getting rid of animations and function, but then y have the s4? I went with the HTC One.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
At the end of the day people are going to post in defense of the phone they decided to buy LOL.

This is a well known phenomenon studied by social scientists and particularly advertisers! ;)

And gee, for something deemed to be a redundant thread it sure does have a lot of replies. It's like a moth to flame. :cool:

shoii

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Apparently you don't know the difference between plastic and fiberglass.

If the plastic body of the s4 wasn't a problem, then why is it that Samsung is planning on using a "HTC One style metal body" for the new upcoming s5? Oh... Got 'cha there huh hotshot?

Google s4 defective screen. You'll find plenty of reports of dead pixels and off colors of the s4 screen. You'll also find plenty of reports of defective microphones. The list goes on.

Lololol this guy is trolling right???

GS4 Love

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Jeeezzzz! How about all of you that don't want to read this crap anymore and are tired of the same old discussion stop reading this and let other people do their thing without a bunch of crying about subject matter. STOP READING THIS THREAD IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE THREAD!

Stop reading our comments if you don't like our comments.

Take your own advice ;)

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I have really enjoyed reading all of the posts in this thread LOL.

I think the fair thing to say is:

1. Both phones are great phones
2. We are going to hear about people having issues with both of these phones
3. I still say if one were to get an S4 and a One with no issues that the One would feel more premium from a build material/quality perspective but that the S4 would provide a better overall useability experience because of what I feel is a better camera, ability to replace the battery and add storage and most importantly the UI. I simply prefer the UI.

Wishing everyone a great day!

SF95070

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
While I basically agree with your reasoning, there is a significant difference in favor of the HTC. The HTC is 1920x1080 resolution while the S4 and Note II are approximately 1250x720. This is one of the reasons that the HTC screen looks so good. It really is quite noticeable if you place the Samsung and HTC next to each other.

I ended up choosing the Galaxy Note II for basically the same reasons you chose the S4, but the screen on the HTC almost overcame my desire for removable flash and removable battery.

I don't know if the HTC is better, but having upgraded from a Motorola Droid Bionic to the Note II, I am finding that Samsung has some annoying proprietary stuff like not working reliably with standard micro USB cables and updating something at random when I put the phone in my pocket. I like the Note II well enough to keep it, but I do find myself scratching my head over some of the theoretical improvements that Samsung made.

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
While I basically agree with your reasoning, there is a significant difference in favor of the HTC. The HTC is 1920x1080 resolution while the S4 and Note II are approximately 1250x720.

Wrong. S4 and one are 1080p. The note 2 is 720p and the difference is immediately notable.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Stop reading our comments if you don't like our comments.

Take your own advice ;)

No, you've got it backwards. He and obviously many others, want to read these posts and comment. So when you post the others reading the thread check out what you have said. They have no idea what you are going to say so they find out. You on the other hand indicated you know exactly whee the conversation is headed. You don't like the thread but you hang around and bemoan the fact this thread exists and the comments being made. See the difference, thread vs comments? The others want to be here, comment and read posts. You don't like the thread and make negative comments about it. That's why people ask you why you are here.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
No, you've got it backwards. He and obviously many others, want to read these posts and comment. So when you post the others reading the thread check out what you have said. They have no idea what you are going to say so they find out. You on the other hand indicated you know exactly whee the conversation is headed. You don't like the thread but you hang around and bemoan the fact this thread exists and the comments being made. See the difference, thread vs comments? The others want to be here, comment and read posts. You don't like the thread and make negative comments about it. That's why people ask you why you are here.

Because it's a open forum and I just was chipping in my 2 cents. There is still reasonable posts within the thread but alot of bad ones as well. So again I still like to read the forum as I go from top to bottom.. So that's why I read.

Again.. If you don't like my 2 cents just do as you said and ignore it :beer::)

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
The Note 2 is a great phone too! No question about it, I absolutely loved it but just found it to be a little too big while out of the house for everyday handling/use. Great phone though!

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
While I basically agree with your reasoning, there is a significant difference in favor of the HTC. The HTC is 1920x1080 resolution while the S4 and Note II are approximately 1250x720.

Ehh, well I think you are quite misinformed here, S4 is 1920 X 1080 also, only difference is that the HTC One is 468 pixels per inch, while the S4 is 441 pixels per inch, Obviously because of the larger screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek