Why I Bought The Galaxy S4 Over The HTC One

Status
Not open for further replies.

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
That's what I was saying if it lasts 2 years who cares those noises it made when bending just made me cringe

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Jennifer, couldn't agree more. I was using the quoted thread as counterpoint to the posts by return_0. He believes screen breakage is a build quality issue, read his post #95 in this thread. Also peruse my posts and you will see that I definitely do not think screen breakage is a build quality issue.

I see, I apologize.

Jennifer Stough
Forums Moderator
Device: Droid DNA unlocked, s-off, rooted, running Hatka Supreme Sense 5.0, Android 4.1.2

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't care less what you think is better, like I mentioned before, opinions are just that, opinions. I don't need to show videos or see them, simply because I can go to YouTube and pick any HD video in both devices at the same time and compare from there, just like we have done for the past weeks, in addition to that, you have the at least a dozen of additional features that your selection won't ever have, or pictures quality where it matter the most. My friends are converted already, one of them sold his One today, I've never needed to try to convince them, they did it by themselves, besides, I'm not a fanboy like you and the rest that are trolling here, I have had HTC, LG and Motorola's Androids for the past 4 years, I just go with the one that does the work for me at the moment.

Moderators, please, the thread was intended for us the ones who bought the S4, to tell why we decided to go with it over the HTC One, so other readers that are deciding can decide by themselves, if you keep allowing this non sense trolling from people that are not happy because others think different, then it doesn't make sense to allow this kind of threads at all.

For you trolls, get a life and go to your side of the forum and the best way to defend your purchase is not coming here and keep trolling every single thread here but to create threads on your forums describing your opinions, you'll also hate that S4 get there trolling.

Enough said, and please don't quote me anymore as I won't lose any more time with this childish mine is bigger than yours' kind of posts.

It has to do with materials VS. application. You don't see many plastic cars do you? Saturn tried it and they went out of business because no one wanted one. There are many high strength plastics available today but what material do you think most cars chassis are made out of? I'll give you a clue, it's NOT plastic. And what about computers? Ask yourself why did Apple spend millions of dollars researching materials, and then decided upon using aluminum for their new Macbook Pros? For electronics there are so many advantages of this material over cheap plastic. And speaking of advantages, see many plastic heat-sinks? Didn't think so. There's a reason for that. Plastic and heat don't get along very well. There's also the social interpretations of the materials. Most people associate plastic with toys, and aluminum with higher-end products because it's generally felt to be more elegant. Aluminum is also a more "green" material as plastic is made with petroleum. Aluminum also is more efficient to recycle than plastic. Once the aluminum has been produced, it can be recycled over and over again.

When you use the term 'build quality' it can mean many things. Design is also a big part of build quality. So is longevity. A
luminum will out do plastic every time in the longevity department. If you were a manufacture and your concern was making more profit, then plastic would be what you prefer. If, however, you wanted to portray that your product was classy and
elegant, then you'd do as Apple has and choose aluminum. The final nail in the coffin for those samslum plastic lovers is that samsung has themselves decided to move AWAY from plastic, and the next S5 will be similar to the HTC One and use Aluminum. The s4 fanboys have no answer for that one.

Having a better display is one reason I got rid of my s4 and switched to the HTC One. If you know someone who thinks the s4 looks better - then they don't need a smartphone, they need an ophthalmologist. Can the s4 even display true white? Not really. The word "better" is usually subjective, BUT when it comes to displays there is NO DOUBT that the HTC One smokes the s4 and is much superior. Read 'em and weep;

Galaxy S4 vs HTC One : Display Comparison - YouTube

Guess you won't be showing THAT video to your friends at work. LOL :p

Marketing departments must love you :) MP are meaningless these days. The majority of camera comparisons between these two phones show that the HTC one takes better pictures. For most people, that's what's really important, the end result, but by all means you enjoy your mega pixels. LOL :D

The bottom line of S4 VS. HTC One.... Samsung spends LOTS more money in marketing. Some people fall for that marketing. I'm happy for them, but when they try to push their 'junk science' it simply can't hold water.

Last edited:

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
So glad I don't have to moderate this section any longer lol.

But ya'll could lighten up a bit. You're not a better person because of your choice in consumer electronics.
Try to love each other. You might like it.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one/288273-cracked-my-htc-one-screen.html
Uh Oh, build quality issue. Oh wait, it's an HTC ONE. Well, that's embarrassing. ;)

Hmm... you keep missing my point. I acknowledge that a One screen can break; my point is that the S4 breaks easier than the One. That thread provided evidence that glass breaks. The video in my post provided evidence that the S4 breaks easier than the One, and you have yet to provide evidence to refute that.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Objection! Assumes facts not in evidence. Also! Counsel didn't provide this in draft A16 of the discovery disclosure! We need at least 3 weeks recess to have our own experts analyze this and prepare to provide testimony!

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't care less what you think is better, like I mentioned before, opinions are just that, opinions. I don't need to show videos or see them, simply because I can go to YouTube and pick any HD video in both devices at the same time and compare from there, just like we have done for the past weeks, in addition to that, you have the at least a dozen of additional features that your selection won't ever have, or pictures quality where it matter the most. My friends are converted already, one of them sold his One today, I've never needed to try to convince them, they did it by themselves, besides, I'm not a fanboy like you and the rest that are trolling here, I have had HTC, LG and Motorola's Androids for the past 4 years, I just go with the one that does the work for me at the moment.

Moderators, please, the thread was intended for us the ones who bought the S4, to tell why we decided to go with it over the HTC One, so other readers that are deciding can decide by themselves, if you keep allowing this non sense trolling from people that are not happy because others think different, then it doesn't make sense to allow this kind of threads at all.

For you trolls, get a life and go to your side of the forum and the best way to defend your purchase is not coming here and keep trolling every single thread here but to create threads on your forums describing your opinions, you'll also hate that S4 get there trolling.

Enough said, and please don't quote me anymore as I won't lose any more time with this childish mine is bigger than yours' kind of posts.
Apparently that dude has never owned a plastic mobile phone, because to admit that would render him a hypocrite of the highest order. Since he never owned a plastic phone, since owning anything plastic is so beneath him (I'm sure the interior in his car is all aluminum) I wonder what he used for communication on the go when all mobile devices were plastic?

AngelArs

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
maybe try decaf....

I couldn't care less what you think is better
Wow that went right over your head didn't it? LOL.... I didn't post "opinions". I posted facts. You might want to learn the difference next time. Just say'in.

I'm not a fanboy like you and the rest that trolling here
Two things. First, just because people here have the ability to post facts which show why what you say isn't true, doesn't make them trolls. Second, as I stated before, I owned the s4. Now I own the HTC One. That doesn't make a fanboy. You don't seem to be too big on facts or definitions.

the thread was intended for us the ones who bought the S4
No such thread. ALL threads are open to all members, not just your friends. Everyone here has the right to know the facts of a topic at hand, not just your version of the facts. If you say ice cream is good for you, then someone else has the right to show why they feel it isn't. One sidedness only makes things worse. It's always best to put the facts on the table and let the reader decide for themselves which product is best for them. Sorry you can't handle that. Life is too short to get so stressed out over consumer electronics.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Jeje, you have an S4, just like I have a One, funny guy this one. Facts? You are in a roll here dude, again I couldn't care less about your opinion or "facts" as I have mine and that what is important to me, I'm the one that pay my bills, and the only one that take my decisions, so I can't go wrong with whatever decision I make, eh won't you get the point here?

Again, this is a forum, and yes, anyone can post, but there's an universal rule that say that if you go to a thread that ask for something and you just go there and don't answer the question while posting other stuff, then you are just a troll, any similarities are just a coincidence.

Like I said, don't quote me, I don't have time to answer to this childish posts, so don't lose your time, this won't happen again it was just this one time so you weren't feel too comfortable thinking that you were right by any chance. BUT seeing this childish posts from childish posters, I know in advance that you will keep on with this, so you're welcome to do so, I will spend my time enjoying my awesome phone and watching a good movie with my family.

Johnny Roberts

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
FINISH HIM !!

One Wins

FATALITY

If we're talking build quality and sturdiness, The One wins hands down. I don't know why anyone would waste their time arguing that. If we're talking overall phone prowess, not so fast there. I still think the s4 is the better device. And I've owned both.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Hmm... you keep missing my point. I acknowledge that a One screen can break; my point is that the S4 breaks easier than the One. That thread provided evidence that glass breaks. The video in my post provided evidence that the S4 breaks easier than the One, and you have yet to provide evidence to refute that.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

It didn't break. I suppose you don't buy glasses because if you twisted them hard enough they would break. If the glass on an S4 is an example of poor build quality where are the class action law suits, the outraged posters, the angry web site reviews? The glass on the S4 is stronger than the S3. They both have essentially the same case. Where are the same complaints from the million of S3 owners? I hope you realize that to the readers of this thread (no not your HTC soul mates) it is obvious you are grasping at straws to try and show some kind of build quality issue with the S4. I provided several examples of poor build quality issues with the HTC ONE (see post #48 in this thread). Why don't you provide me with a few claims from S4 users that their cracked screen is a result of poor build quality. Or from HTC One owners for that matter.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
If we're talking build quality and sturdiness, The One wins hands down. I don't know why anyone would waste their time arguing that. If we're talking overall phone prowess, not so fast there. I still think the s4 is the better device. And I've owned both.

Read post #48 in this thread and get back to us.

AngelArs

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Why don't you provide me with a few claims from S4 users that their cracked screen is a result of poor build quality

The glass isn't the issue. The body is.

One phone has a flexible plastic body, and one has a rigid metal body.

Incase you didn't know - glass doesn't like to get bent.

Still don't understand? Try this. Gorilla Glass 3 is better (stronger) than Gorilla Glass 2.

The S4 uses Gorilla Glass 3.

The HTC One uses Gorilla Glass 2, and YET the S4 still has issues with broken glass. Why?

The plastic body of the S4 flexes way too much.

Isn't science fun?

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Still don't understand? Try this. Gorilla Glass 3 is better (stronger) than Gorilla Glass 2.

The HTC One uses Gorilla Glass 2, and YET the S4 still has issues with broken glass. Why?

The plastic body of the S4 flexes way too much.

Isn't science fun?

OK, calm down. Provide me (us) with a credible source anywhere that says the S4 has more broken screens per capita than the HTC ONE or is any more prone to screen breaking than the HTC ONE. If you can't then you are just making stuff, albeit with giant letters.

AngelArs

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Provide me (us) with a credible source anywhere that says the S4 has more broken screens per capita than the HTC ONE
Please stop being so disingenuous, or post a link to a organization that tracks broken screen "per capita". Really, where do you come up with this nonsense? If you need proof that the s4 screens crack easily, then a simple google with provide you with many examples of that. But then you already know that didn't you? So then what is your point? That samsungs plastic is just as rigid as metal? Prove it. If you can't then it all comes down to what they call 'common sense'. Missing yours? Just asking....

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site

The HTC One uses Gorilla Glass 2, and YET the S4 still has issues with broken glass. Why? The plastic body of the S4 flexes way too much.

Isn't science fun?

Yes, science is fun. Once you understand it. There is a difference between harder and stronger. Gorilla glass 3 is harder than gorilla glass 2. According to science, that makes it more brittle. Therefore, easier to shatter. They are also making it thinner. That is a deadly combination in and of itself. Also, it is not stronger. Just more scratch resistant.
Jennifer Stough
Forums Moderator
Device: Droid DNA unlocked, s-off, rooted, running Hatka Supreme Sense 5.0, Android 4.1.2

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
When HTC and Samsung both release aluminum devices, how will we know which is better? I guess the actual build quality and feature sets will still be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad