Why I Bought The Galaxy S4 Over The HTC One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
At least you were truthful about why you really chose a GS4 over an HTC One and provided cold, concrete facts as to what tipped the decision for you.

Unlike most people who just started the troll/flame war as all these threads inevitably become =/

Anyone who stores a bunch of movies/music on their phones or who take lots of photos that they need to enlarge, for example, would obviously find limitations with the HTC One. And to those people, I would say, glad you are keeping it real and getting a phone that can really serve your own specific needs.

Right, having abnormal (not bad, but not mainstream) usage needs for your device would of course sway one way or another. In that circumstance, I think the S4 provides more flexibility for the extreme cases. For the average user (not anyone in this thread) either would probably be magical.

Johnny Roberts

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, time to let these threads die. They're like feeding bins for people who are addicted to endless debates to try and justify their purchases.

Most people post their opinions and move on. Others need to hang around daily, just to make sure their phone gets the last dig.

Is this fun or something? Both phones are months old already. Most tech people have already made their decision. What are you defending?

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, time to let these threads die. They're like feeding bins for people who are addicted to endless debates to try and justify their purchases.

Most people post their opinions and move on. Others need to hang around daily, just to make sure their phone gets the last dig.

Is this fun or something? Both phones are months old already. Most tech people have already made their decision. What are you defending?

I've asked you this before. If you want a thread to die why do you keep posting in it? No offense meant, I'm just really curious.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
They won't die regardless. For the reasons I stated above. The need to defend your device has become a sport/addiction.

Yeah, how about that new HTC Butterfly!

2 posts since you said this thread must die. Sorry but it's funny. :D I get a kick out of people who say "Not this thread again! The moderators should shut it down" or "People should stop posting this is an old topic" or "Moderators, kill this thread!" etc, etc. Some people want to control what others see and say here (much like society in some cases). Of course they are told if you don't like the thread don't read it by the posters and even the moderators. But human nature being what it is it won't change. As I said it amuses me. And, yes it is fun.

BTW you never got back to me after I asked you to read post #48 and then talk about HTC ONE build quality.

Johnny Roberts

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
2 posts since you said this thread must die. Sorry but it's funny. :D I get a kick out of people who say "Not this thread again! The moderators should shut it down" or "People should stop posting this is an old topic" or "Moderators, kill this thread!" etc, etc. Some people want to control what others see and say here (much like society in some cases). Of course they are told if you don't like the thread don't read it by the posters and even the moderators. But human nature being what it is it won't change. As I said it amuses me. And, yes it is fun.

BTW you never got back to me after I asked you to read post #48 and then talk about HTC ONE build quality.

I'm not an HTC person. Now your debating with whoever. Now THAT, I find funny.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
frominternet.jpg

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm not an HTC person. Now your debating with whoever. Now THAT, I find funny.

I know that. I don't believe I've ever indicated that you were an HTC ONE owner. I've seen your posts. But you said, "If we're talking build quality and sturdiness, The One wins hands down." All I asked you to do was read post #48 and let me know what you think about the HTC ONE's build quality after that. Instead you started posting about how this thread should die. Why not take a look at the referenced post and see if it changes your mind. I think we've already established that despite your comment this thread is not going to die.

Johnny Roberts

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
My post was meant as irony... I knew it wouldn't change anything. As for the HTC One. I find it's build superior, regardless of what you posted. That's not a hit on the s4 though, which in my opinion is fine for a smartphone. But although I prefer the s4 in every other way, I can't deny where the One excels.

Kilroy13

Banned
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Great. Really looking forward to your scientific articles which back up your assertion that making Gorilla Glass 3 harder makes it more brittle. In the mean time you should know that it has been verified via Young's Modulus that you are completely wrong, and that Gorilla Glass 3 is actually 3% LESS brittle. Not much, to be sure, but it's more than enough to prove your statement is completely wrong. Your claim that Gorilla Glass 3 is "harder" has also scientifically been verified as being incorrect.

I'm not sure why you would post this as it precisely goes against your previous claim.

Then you should have stated so, instead of saying that "According to science, that makes it more brittle". Science has made no such claim, and we are not talking about "glass" but instead Gorilla Glass, which is produced much differently.

Not true. Where is your scientific documentation to back up your assertion? Certainly not from the manufacture. They (and science) both completely disagree with your assertion. Have you even read the white paper on Gorilla Glass? I'm thinking no....

Great. I am not looking to argue with you either. You made false statements. I'm simply asking you to scientifically back them up.

Great. Should be very easy for you to document it then.

I fully understand. Take all the time that you need. The laws of science aren't going to change. All that I ask is that when you come up short please don't back peddle like so many others try to do on the net. Likewise whenever I have been proven wrong I publicly acknowledge it. Learning is a great thing. So is truth. Both are important to me. I look forward to your scientific articles.

In the mean time pass the popcorn and enjoy the video.

<font face="verdana">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhXBdEkZENQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

You forgot your sign!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1371767449273.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1371767449273.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 29
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members