Why I Bought The Galaxy S4 Over The HTC One

Status
Not open for further replies.

NovaWiz

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Really? Because I have a 80 inch Mits and I have no such problems. Maybe this article can help them :D

Not sure what you mean by a 80 inch Mits. But having owned both phones and viewed daylight photos taken from both on my 27" 2560X1440 monitor I can zoom in a lot more on a GS4 picture without encountering blurs.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
My post was meant as irony... I knew it wouldn't change anything. As for the HTC One. I find it's build superior, regardless of what you posted. That's not a hit on the s4 though, which in my opinion is fine for a smartphone. But although I prefer the s4 in every other way, I can't deny where the One excels.

You don't own the phone but you claim the HTC ONE has superior build quality in spite of a plethora of posts by actual HTC ONE owners and reviewers to the contrary. So evidence not withstanding, you base your claim on what, looking at the phone at a retail store? It's fine to make statements about a product but trying to tell someone that that product has a certain positive attribute when their is considerable evidence to the contrary is misleading. "There Are None So Blind As Those Who Will Not See."

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Your attempt to quell the postings in this thread are akin to the toils of Sisyphus.

I know I'm being hypocritical right now. U claim not to feed the trolls. Ur throwing gas on the fire by doing that, so take ur own advice and just let it be.

from what ever phone I feel like using today.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Your attempt to quell the postings in this thread are akin to the toils of Sisyphus.

Why are you constantly perusing those that post asking others not to post? Do you realize that people will continue posting if no one actually asks people to stop posting? And do you also realize that, by your own logic, you're making the problem worse by responding to those?

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Why are you constantly perusing those that post asking others not to post? Do you realize that people will continue posting if no one actually asks people to stop posting? And do you also realize that, by your own logic, you're making the problem worse by responding to those?

Uh, you might want to look up Sisyphus and his fruitless labors to get some idea of the irony of my post. And why are you constantly pursuing others who point out the folly of asking others not to post?

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I owned both devices and I wound up going the GS4. If it was only about software, I would have gone with the One. I think HTC did a better job with Sense than Samsung did with touchwiz. However, hardware for me was the deciding factor. Given that the GS4 and One are essentially the same size, the GS4 packs a much bigger screen. Yeah, I know, 4.7 to 5 doesnt sound like much, but in reality, its much bigger. I also like the weight of the GS4. Everyone complains about plastic, but I put a case on my phone, so I could really care a less. I like it light to start out with so it doesnt get too heavy when I add my case. Finally, I hated the button layout of the One. The power button placement and feel was horrific. I went through quite a bit to find a power button that I actually could feel when I pressed and I would up giving up. I also much prefer the physical home button for waking up the device. Add in the bigger battery and notification light that I can see from more than one angle and the GS4 fit my needs better.

The end.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
And why are you constantly pursuing others who point out the folly of asking others not to post?

I actually am not. This is the first time I've replied to one of those posts, lol.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I know I'm being hypocritical right now. U claim not to feed the trolls. Ur throwing gas on the fire by doing that, so take ur own advice and just let it be.

I find it helpful to understand a post before responding. I didn't say, "Do Not Feed The Trolls." Also, please point out where I said I don't feed the trolls. Trolls being what they are there is no guarantee that what you post will or will not get a response from a troll. Reread and clarify please..

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I actually am not. This is the first time I've replied to one of those posts, lol.

Selective quoting, hmm. I wonder why? My comment about your pursuing others was made in jest. My fault for not including a smilely.

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I find it helpful to understand a post before responding. I didn't say, "Do Not Feed The Trolls." Also, please point out where I said I don't feed the trolls. Trolls being what they are there is no guarantee that what you post will or will not get a response from a troll. Reread and clarify please..

I did not say "u said feed the trolls" I said u claim, u posted a reply if a pic that said that and put a smiley face. So be aware of how ppl say things.

And for information u post way to much. Find something else to do. Unless it's ur hobby to he a troll "annoying".

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

By posting this pic in itself is a form of trolling...
You cant stop trolling by trolling

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Easy there creatures; it was a joke. lol. :D

Courtesy of My LT3VO :D

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I did not say "u said feed the trolls" I said u claim, u posted a reply if a pic that said that and put a smiley face. So be aware of how ppl say things.

And for information u post way to much. Find something else to do. Unless it's ur hobby to he a troll "annoying".

I'm sorry but your reply makes no sense at all.

AngelArs

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
you claim the HTC ONE has superior build quality in spite of a plethora of posts by actual HTC ONE owners and reviewers to the contrary.

I don't usually like to use the word retarded, but in my opinion what you said here is. Let's dissect it bit-by-bit shall we?

Apparently you don't have a clue as to what the word "plethora" means. Here, allow me to help;

Plethora (pleth o ra) noun 1. overabundance; excess.

HTC has sold over 5 million 'One' phones and you post a few undocumented links with people nit picking about the phone. Hmmmm.... I'll take those odds. The very FACT that so few have actually had anything bad to say about the phone PROVES its build quality and customer
satisfaction. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

you base your claim on what, looking at the phone at a retail store?
Pot meet kettle. I base my opinion on ANY product by owning it and putting it through its paces. I base my opinion on each of these phones (s4/One) by owning both phones. There are MANY reasons why I chose to stay with the HTC One instead of the s4. Even if I wouldn't have picked the One I STILL would have gotten rid of the s4 because I never liked it. I have enjoyed many other samsung products, but NOT the s4. It had no real substance and was just too gimmicky for my taste. It certainly wasn't worth what they charge for it. Then I learned about the HTC One Dev Edition and after extensively researching it, that was the phone I chose. Many other devs have made the same move for the same reasons. The s4 has some good qualities, but in no way is it a better phone than the HTC One. Hands down my HTC One Dev Edition is the best phone that I've EVER owned! The things that I don't like have to do with the 4.1 operating system and NOT the phone. That will change in a few weeks when they release 4.2.2. Everything considered as of this posting my HTC One is an incredible phone, and Apple and samsung both know that.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Please don't post..

No you don't post...

Why are asking others not to post?

Why are you asking others why they are asking others not to post!?

That's this thread.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for not listening guys. This thread is a perfect example of how not to behave. It's not worth cleaning at this point, but the amount of off topic posts, trolling, etc would warrant infractions for sure. Just letting you all know. Don't be surprised if/when it happens.

Thread closed.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084