Galaxy S4 gallery bug

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
My S4 keeps on kicking me out of the gallery. Can't open my pictures or anything. What can I do?:confused:

Go into Settings > More tab > Application manager > All tab > click on Gallery app > Clear data... this will give you a warning that it will clear all your data... do it, it will not delete the actual images... then go to home and start the Gallery app.

Aasher Azeem

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Its also same here..! updated my s2 on 4.1.2 jelly bean. i use Quickpic for veiwing photos. any other way to fix this gallery bug.some says it is the cache problem but i deleted all the cache from the applications still it use to give the gallery bug.Need help.

swent1

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Same here. The gallery just freezes or kicks me out. Downloaded quickp ic and the pictures i now take with the camera wont show up in quickpic. So frustrated. Cant look at pics or videos now.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using AC Forums mobile app

elsteevo4drums

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same problem too. I tried Gallery ICS to view and share and now that too is not working. Thinking about bailing on the S4. only had it for a week and gallery stopped after 4 days.

swent1

May 19, 2013
Visit site
May have a fix for you guys! After numerous attempts to fix the problem, reinstalling the OS, my repair guy and I figured it had to be a corrupt video or picture for, since if he inserted his sd card into my phone e, the issue went away. I deleted the videos I transferred from my iPhone e and most of the pictures too (they were saved on my mac book so it's not a loss) and all of a sudden the issue is gone...

So before giving up, try switching your files from sd to device storage to see if the gallery works, if it does, reformat the sd card and put the pictures you really want and videos and see if it makes a difference :)

It saved me huge money rather then sending the phone e away, and the guy said he has never seen that issue before so it has to be a corrupt file or infected file if his card (same brand and size) worked. Hope it helps a bit.

OhimeSamaXIII

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem too. I've tried clearing the data & cache, but no luck. I don't use an SD card.

My gallery was working fine, until a few days ago, when I started saving images from google, 80+ images. I deleted all those images that I've downloaded, but with no luck. Not only viewing the gallery, but trying to upload images from the gallery is the same, it suddenly freezes for a few seconds then kicks me out.

I've downloaded Gallery ICS, and it works just fine without any problems, at least for now.

But is there anyway to fix the bug porblem for the orginal gallery?!

Tavic

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Ran into the same issue over the last few weeks. I fixed it by:
Power the device off
Remove SD card
Power device on
Allow boot up to finish
Install sd card

The scanning sd card for error icon should appear and will take a few minutes or more depending on the size of your card.

ironman152

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
My S4 has had the same problem. I traced mine to a photo with sound picture I took Friday night. After taking the picture the gallery would not function properly and would crash after a little while. Here is how I fixed the problem: Deleted the picture with sound, cleaned the cache and data under the app manager then force closed the app. After I took those steps I opened the gallery back up and everything worked just fine. Just to check my theory I took another picture with sound and the problem returned, then I went through the same steps and cleared it right up. I really don't ever plan on using that camera mode much but it is annoying that it causes problems. Hope this helps!

ironman152

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Also, I just tried to take a picture using the best shot function and it crashed the gallery too. My guess is anything other than a normal pictures causes problems.

Twinky_7

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
okay guys, I'm not using a SD card so that is clearly not my problem. But in the meantime I'm using ES File Explorer File Manager that I downloaded from Play store, shows any format pic and will do till this bug is hopefully fixed***

anonymous_ITGuy

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't believe this is an issue with a corrupt file of any sort, most of the posts here have zero technical substance and lack a general understanding of computers and software.
Don't waste your time copying and pasting, formatting and reinserting cards or any of the other random suggestions here.

There is a fault with the Gallery application, its just poorly coded and somehow managed to get past UAT (User Acceptance Testing) by the DEV team whom created it.

Leaving you the consumer with a 2 choices either wait for this bug to be fixed in a future update AND OR download another Gallery application to view and work with your media.

anonymous_ITGuy

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
This post makes no technical sense. don't waste your time trying this just get a new app from the market place.

May have a fix for you guys! After numerous attempts to fix the problem, reinstalling the OS, my repair guy and I figured it had to be a corrupt video or picture for, since if he inserted his sd card into my phone e, the issue went away. I deleted the videos I transferred from my iPhone e and most of the pictures too (they were saved on my mac book so it's not a loss) and all of a sudden the issue is gone...

So before giving up, try switching your files from sd to device storage to see if the gallery works, if it does, reformat the sd card and put the pictures you really want and videos and see if it makes a difference :)

It saved me huge money rather then sending the phone e away, and the guy said he has never seen that issue before so it has to be a corrupt file or infected file if his card (same brand and size) worked. Hope it helps a bit.

sea770

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey friends
Have the same problem. During a week long trip (no wi fi so no new downloads) BOTH the gallery and sounds stoped working for the system (does not re cognize any of the sounds I have for rings not even its own system ones)
The only thing I saw here that I thoughtvwould help is the sound and pic I used for the 1st time 2 days before the problem started. So deleted it. Shut down. Took card out. Opened again. NADA. It didnt help.
BTW it keeps showing. On startup "currently is not able to download ..please try again"
Its been a week ...
Any good ideas?