Manufacturing Glue Issue - Black Mist Galaxy S4? Not 100% Sure

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi all - I am not saying whether this is a widespread issue or not but I am certainly interested in knowing whether or not others have experienced it. After deciding on the Galaxy S4 I purchased a Black Mist model and a few days after owning it took it out of the Otterbox case to clean it of any dust, etc and noticed what looked like white glue around the edge of the ear speaker piece AND a thin white line of it above the ear speaker piece by the bezel. I will admit I am OCD when it comes to my electronics, especially my phones but this did concern me. I was not sure if it was just glue left after the manufacturing process or if the layer glass was not glued properly to the screen.

I went back to my place of purchase to exchange it however when they took another Black Mist model out I could not see glue at the corner of the ear piece but I could see it above the ear piece by the bezel like on the one I had. I am not sure if it was a batch issue or common with this model. You have to look real closely, almost from the bottom of the phone up to see it.

I looked at the white model and this issue/glue was not there so I exchanged for a white model and am comfortably loving the S4! Just wanted to share this with everyone in the event it was an actual issue.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I think Samsung seen the drop test video where the Htc One speaker grill popped off, decided to double up on their own glue process lol

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Cool good to know, may have been a batch issue. It was not easy to see and could only be seen at the right angle but the whole bezel of the phone when looking into the bezel is black then at the top centre was white/glue like.

Good to know yours appears to be all good!

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Someone I know just bought a Black Mist S4 and they had the thin white line of what looks to be glue showing at the very top of the phone above the ear speaker grill at the frame. It looks super clean like mine but is clearly there and can be seen. Maybe it is linked to a bad batch - not 100% but knowing how OCD I am with my electronics this would bother me. So glad I exchanged for the white model. Doesn't seem to have this issue.