Loving the wireless charging

JayInNJ

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I picked up the wireless charging receiver off of eBay (the $12 variety) that slips between the current back cover and the battery. Then bought some cheap qi pads and it is working great. The pads go for about 28. The only negative is waiting for them to arrive from China. Much cheaper and better solution than the Samsung solution.

JayInNJ

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I haven't found a use for nfc yet so I haven't been able to try it. On my previous phone (a blackberry) I only had one opportunity to use it with an ad like qrc. I will post some links and maybe video later. These devices are all over eBay for the s4 and the charger pad is standard.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
My OEM Samsung charging back was home when I got home today. Good news is my CIMO TPU Case still fits well enough over the back to use. Actually the back gives a nice feel to the S4. The case fits well enough for my to use with my Seidio holster or in my pocket. Not a perfect fit on the sides but usable!

I am pretty excited to have my S4 on my desk charging and if I have to pick it up to use it I do not have to worry about a cord being attached and when I am done, place it back on the mat and charge away! Also NFC works fine as I have already tested it with my tags!

Attachments

• S4 wireless charging.jpg
    S4 wireless charging.jpg
    540.7 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

anon(4743061)

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered one of these. Can you post a picture of the back and side of the phone? I'm just want to see if makes the back warp or bend out.

JayInNJ

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
To follow-up, yes NFC works fine. Finally used it with the S-Beam function to send a picture. I ended up buying 3 charger pads, put one in my office, one in the bedroom and one on my nightstand. While at work I just set it down to charge instead of my desk. Phone is basically always at 100%. I haven't plugged it in for weeks. The 3 charger pads, plus the receiver cost about the same as one OEM samsung charger plus new cover with receiver. Plus the phone isn't any thicker since I am still using the original cover.

JayInNJ

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
They are around 600mA to 750mA. Yes slower, however if charging over night or just leaving on your desk throughout the day, no big deal. I like the convenience and low wear and tear on the usb port. I have had the usb ports go on multiple devices from all the stress.