Hello, Hoping someone can help me.

I had a Galaxy S2 and loved it. Now Upgraded to the S4 and have noticed some problems that i cannot find by searching on Google.

I have been out on two different occasions and used my camera to film and when i try to view these after i am unable. I get an error. 'sorry this video cannot be played'

I have also taken pictures and although these work 99% of the time around the same time as the video filming time they come up with a square with a lightning symbol in the corner and cannot be viewed.

I tested this today and it seems that if i make a video of over 60seconds it then cannot be viewed. The pictures and videos are going to memory card but short videos and most pictures are fine there.

I have also downloaded MX Player and VLC for this phone to test them there but same issue.

The videos do have thumbnails so it does know what they are.

Can anyone help me please. Dont know what else to do.

Thanks
    06-18-2013 06:49 AM
    Pop the sd card in your computer, see if they load/don't there.

I'd do this anyway:
    move media off of sd, then format sd in phone, then start fresh from beginning.

Posted via Android Central App
    06-18-2013 08:29 AM
    Are all of your videos having this issue? First thing that I think of when I hear your issue is what is the speed of your microSD card? I had the same issue originally with my S2. I couldn't successfully record video to the SD card. Turns out the SD card was not fast enough to store higher resolution videos. Have you ever looked at the MB/second speed a HD video requires? Try a class 10 microSD card. They were designed with HD video in mind.
    If you try and lower the resolution of the video and are successful in recording one to the microSD card then the microSD card is probably too slow for the video resolution you want.
    06-18-2013 11:30 AM
    Are all of your videos having this issue? First thing that I think of when I hear your issue is what is the speed of your microSD card? I had the same issue originally with my S2. I couldn't successfully record video to the SD card. Turns out the SD card was not fast enough to store higher resolution videos. Have you ever looked at the MB/second speed a HD video requires? Try a class 10 microSD card. They were designed with HD video in mind.
    If you try and lower the resolution of the video and are successful in recording one to the microSD card then the microSD card is probably too slow for the video resolution you want.
    Thank you for this Dakhath, I only have this issue on what seems to be longer videos. I filmed a video of over 60 seconds yesterday before i posted and this didnt work. I used to use this one on my S2 and never had an issue.
    06-19-2013 02:38 AM
    Pop the sd card in your computer, see if they load/don't there.

I'd do this anyway:
    move media off of sd, then format sd in phone, then start fresh from beginning.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thank you Green_Laser,

I think this has fixed it. I tried using an adapter to put the memory card in the pc but wasnt getting anywhere. Tried on an older OS and this told me it needed to be formatted. Connected it back to my phone and connected it that way to the PC and can see the pictures and videos. Copied these over and they do not work. I then formatted the stick within the Phones options and then recorded a 60 + sec video and played it back ok.

Im absolutley gutted about my other pictures as they where from concerts that i can never see again but you seem to have caused me further heartache
    06-19-2013 02:42 AM
    When trying to record I received and error. Then I tried the google now and received an error as well. I figured it was a conflicting app, so I deleted the Dragon app, and this resolved the problem on both google now and the video recorder on the phone. If it is not your dragon app you might want to experiment deleting apps to see which one is causing the conflict.
    09-01-2013 08:24 PM
    hi i am having an issue too my galaxy s4 is not playing a video from youtube Facebook but i tried playing from my own video it is playing fine
    can anybody help with this situation? if not I'm gonna switch to iPhone. pls help me i loved my s4 but if this is just gonna give me a headache I'm gonna get rid of it.
    11-17-2013 06:49 PM
    where can you locate your dragon app?
    11-17-2013 06:50 PM