Just got my S4 last night. A few questions for you guys.

1) Do you guys charge all the way to 100%? Do you charge overnight? I did this with my iPhone, but now I'm reading stuff about the Lithium Ion batteries preferring to not be charged to 100%, and not to charge them overnight, etc. I guess Belkin sells some plug that can stop charging after 2 hours, but I'd assume the phone is smart enough to stop itself from charging when at 100%?

2) The charging cable is just USB to microUSB correct? I'd like to order another one for my work (to charge w/ the PC) and for my car (to charge with my USB car charger). Is it USB 2.0?

3) Would anyone recommend a place for spare batteries? I see some on Samsung's website for $40 (though we get 50% off our first purchase, I believe).

Thanks!
    06-18-2013 06:49 AM
    1. I've always heard that charging lithium ion overnight was ok. Something to the effect that the battery "likes" the flow of electrons.
    2. Yes. Monoprice has a great deal on cables. You can also buy one from the store here, I believe. It is also USB 2.0. I don't know a single phone out yet that has a USB 3.0 connection. Sad, really. My pc is littered with them.
    3. I would buy a spare throught AC's store. Here - Samsung 2600mAh Standard Battery for Galaxy S4 - Android Batteries - ShopAndroid
    SlickSpur likes this.
    06-18-2013 07:39 AM
    Thanks for the great info!
    06-18-2013 07:42 AM
    1) Do you guys charge all the way to 100%? Do you charge overnight? I did this with my iPhone, but now I'm reading stuff about the Lithium Ion batteries preferring to not be charged to 100%, and not to charge them overnight, etc. I guess Belkin sells some plug that can stop charging after 2 hours, but I'd assume the phone is smart enough to stop itself from charging when at 100%?
    I agree with oshia86. Charging overnight is just fine. The tl;dr version is that the battery just stops charging at 100% and the phone runs off the charger only.

2) The charging cable is just USB to microUSB correct? I'd like to order another one for my work (to charge w/ the PC) and for my car (to charge with my USB car charger). Is it USB 2.0?
    It is a standard USB to microUSB cable, but apparently if you want to charge at the full 2A with the Samsung charger you need to make sure you have a shielded cable. All decent USB cables should be shielded (I have a Motorola cable from a previous phone that works just fine) but it's worth mentioning.
    SlickSpur likes this.
    06-18-2013 08:39 AM