I BOUGHT MY GALAXY S4 1 MONTH AGO FIRST I WAS USING TOO MUCH SO THATS WHY I IGNORE THE BATTERY PROBLEM , BUT NOW I DONT USE MY PHONE THAT MUCH JUST TEXTING AND FACEBOOK , AND ALL NIGHT MY PHONE WAS ON THE CHARGE I TOOK IT FROM CHARGE N START TO TEXT AND AFTER 1 HOUR I SAW THAT FROM % 100 IT GOES TO %77 IS IT NORMAL ?? I WAS USING 3 YEARS IPHONE 3GS AND MY BATTERY LIFE EVEN BETTER THAN THIS PHONE , CAN I TAKE BACK TO T-MOBILE AND CHANGE MY PHONE WITH NEW ONE ?? IS IT POSSIBLE ??[IMG][/IMG]
    06-18-2013 02:04 PM
    Your screen has been on for over 80% of that time. What are you doing when the screen is on? If you are watching videos then that will also contribute to the rapid decrease. Another factor is if you are using the phone while connected to LTE.

I just noticed that you are not using the Internet very much. I would check the screen on settings and see what that's set to. Maybe consider setting it to lock after 30 seconds of inactivity.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    06-18-2013 02:14 PM
    Whoa caps lock key is broken..

Anyway.. What is your screen on time? You can find this by tapping on the screen section on the battery screen.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    Omer San Gabriel likes this.
    06-18-2013 02:15 PM
    This is normal, as you could see from the image screen is using most of the charge. As 5inch screen with full brightness gobble up the battery charge, even half brightness is enough to eat up battery charge. So while texting or doing normal operations, phone use up much charge due to screen.
    06-18-2013 02:18 PM
    i was using facebook n chatting thats it , nothing else everything was off , i was just using facebook chat
    http://<a href="http://s1354.photobu...&#91;/IMG]</a>
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    06-18-2013 02:44 PM
    [IMG][/IMG]
    06-18-2013 02:45 PM
    I have noticed that Automatic Brightnes on this phone is a Battery Eater, I have studied it, with and without it, and without Automatic Brightness but the brightness very low, I can get 5+ hours of Screen Time, with Automatic Brightness I can barely get to 3.5 hours, go figure. The key on this phones with 5" screens is how you play with the brightness/Screen settings.
    06-18-2013 02:47 PM
    If you aren't in love with a case, spend 17 bucks on Amazon on the Anker extended battery. Best move I have ever made. The back makes it easier to hold and it does better than my old Razr Maxx as far as battery life.

Sent from my Samsung S4.
    06-18-2013 02:49 PM
    His screen has not been on for over 80% of the time. What that means is out of all the battery that has been used that far, the screen has consumed 80% of that usage. This is normal, but that fast of a battery drain is not. I found that Google Now destroys battery life - do you have that on? If so, I suggest turning it off. Also, my carrier replaced my battery for free due to similar issues.
    06-18-2013 04:14 PM
    thanks for answer , how can i turn off google now ? yes i ll try to take to tmobile store to change my batter , did they took the phone and check it ? or they directly give u the new battery ??
    06-18-2013 04:20 PM
    They just gave me a new battery. I actually purchased it through staples so they replaced the battery. Google now probably isnt on unless you turned it on, but hold the left menu button down until google search pops up, then choose menu again and go into settings. You can turn it off from there.
    06-18-2013 04:36 PM
    His screen has not been on for over 80% of the time. What that means is out of all the battery that has been used that far, the screen has consumed 80% of that usage. This is normal, but that fast of a battery drain is not. I found that Google Now destroys battery life - do you have that on? If so, I suggest turning it off. Also, my carrier replaced my battery for free due to similar issues.
    Google now destroys battery life? Sad if true.. Never disabled on my S3 and it doesn't cause an issue... My drain is due to heavy usage which is expected.

06-18-2013 10:15 PM
    Completely normal.
    06-19-2013 01:23 AM
    Interesting on a couple of points:
    I didn't know Google Now drained so badly. I'll Google how to turn it off and see.
    Secondly, turning Sync OFF will definatly help your battery life.
    06-19-2013 05:15 AM
    Interesting on a couple of points:
    I didn't know Google Now drained so badly. I'll Google how to turn it off and see.
    Secondly, turning Sync OFF will definatly help your battery life.
    But syncing is one of the best things about Android imo. Being able to do things on the computer and have it auto sync the to the phone. :P.

06-19-2013 08:03 AM
    To the OP, if you're actively using the phone with the screen on, battery life will suffer...but here's my advice:

1. Disable auto-brightness, and just set it to the lowest level that looks good to you
    2. Turn off power saver. I know this sounds counter-productive, and frankly won't help your battery, but in my experience it doesn't really save that much and only cripples your device (if you leave CPU throttling turned on)
    3. The real test is how much battery drains when phone is in "standby" (not being used). I leave virtually EVERYTHING on, and generally lose only 1-2%/hour. Get it to 100% before you go to bed, leave it unplugged, and see where it is the next morning...then report back.

EDIT: I say to test in standby because there are too many additional variables to judge "normal" battery life when in use.

Google now destroys battery life? Sad if true.. Never disabled on my S3 and it doesn't cause an issue... My drain is due to heavy usage which is expected.

I wouldn't go as far as to say it "destroys" battery life, but because it's so location-intensive, it does consume a fair amount of power. Personally, I find it to be a neat feature, but also found I didn't really use it for that much more than a novelty, so I turned it off. If you use it, fine, but if not, you can definitely extend your battery life by turning it off.

thanks for answer , how can i turn off google now ? yes i ll try to take to tmobile store to change my batter , did they took the phone and check it ? or they directly give u the new battery ??
    Go into Google Search (i.e. Google Now), then menu --> settings and turn it off.

But syncing is one of the best things about Android imo. Being able to do things on the computer and have it auto sync the to the phone. :P.

Agree 100%. You can definitely get great battery life with this device without having to cripple basic functionality.

EDIT: Sorry for all the edits.
    06-19-2013 08:12 AM
    It's really difficult to tell how "normal" it is without knowing how long the screen was on. If it was on the whole time then that ends up being excellent battery life (~6 hours of screen time). If it wasn't on at all it's not very good battery life. It looks as if you had the screen on a lot or were in a super bright location so that the brightness was up all the way. Most who see a lot of battery drain get it from Maps or Google Services.

I share my experiences more in this thread:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...4-battery.html

But I found that what you're seeing was normal for me (assuming minimal screen time) but my battery life has improved quite a bit and that's with Google Now on and with some Tasker location based profiles. The gist of it is that I have most, if not all of the Samsung features turned off, the Qualcomm BatteryGuru app running (with WiFi on all the time), auto brightness on, much of the bloatware I don't want disabled and I uninstalled the updates to Maps (but that doesn't seem to be an issue for you). I get all the location based cool stuff, none of the gimmicks (most of which I didn't use, anyway) and decent battery life.
    06-19-2013 08:25 AM
    Google Now destroying battery life? What?

The battery life here is fairly normal given automatic brightness and the screen being on... as we can see it's 87% of the drainage. 23% over an hour and a half would equate to 5-6 hours of on screen, which given the light usage is definitely in the normal range. From what you have posted, it doesn't seem that your battery or device is defective.
    06-19-2013 02:14 PM
    Google Now does not destroy battery life. If you're worried about the location services it provides draining some battery, do what I do: keep Now on but turn off location services / GPS most of the time. When using a maps app, weather app, or Now, simply turn GPS on.
    06-19-2013 10:15 PM
    Does the screen still drain battery when not in use? My Nexus 7 did that last night when I was fast asleep, I had to reset it.
    06-20-2013 09:47 AM
    Does the screen still drain battery when not in use? My Nexus 7 did that last night when I was fast asleep, I had to reset it.
    Only if it turns itself on.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    06-20-2013 10:06 AM