Should I invest in a different earphone?

N7Ascension

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to be receiving my S4 soon and I'm wondering what the quality of the earphones are like. I've used Iphone 5's earphones and they were...pretty good. Is the S4's better or is it worth investing in a different earphone? I'm currently looking at Klipsch Image S4A (II) and DNA In-Ear Pure Monster Sound, which one of these two would you recommend if not the S4 earphones? Looking forward to some advice's and opinions! Thanks!

Klipsch Image S4A (II): Image S4A (II) Headphones for Android | Klipsch ?

DNA In-Ear Pure Monster Sound: Monster DNA? In Ear Headphones | Monster® Products

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
It really depends on how much you care about audio, and which earphones to choose depends on what type of sound you like. Like whether you like a lot of bass, like bright highs, or prefer total accuracy. I've had the Klipsch S4's and I really tried to like them, but eventually returned them. The best part about them was their comfort, their slightly oval and really soft eartips made them feel like they weren't even there. To me the mids sounded too soft and distant and the highs were peaky and harsh. It's really hard to recommend something for you to try without knowing your sound preferences and your budget.

A good place to research earphones would be a website called Head-fi.org.

One more thing to note is that apparently the S4 does not get along well with earphones with an impedance lower than 16 ohms. Your best bet would be something over 16 ohms with a high sensitivity. Something like 105db or higher sensitivity. Of course to high of an impedance is not a good thing either because they most likely would not get loud enough.

Give a budget and sound preference and I'll try to help more. Or check out Head-fi.org for more research. Also, if you are willing to order online then you will have a lot more options than simply walking into a Best Buy or a Radio Shack.

N7Ascension

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi, thanks for the response. My budget is $100 but a little flexible, meaning $120-130 is okay. As for sound preference, I'm not exactly sure. I just want the best in-ear headphone around for my budget. I'm not really that good with getting into detail with ohms and db, I just want an overall, great in-ear headphone for around $100-$130. If you can work with that and recommend me one, that would be great!

r2t

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I've seen some reviews for Bose in-ear headphones, they've been positive. Check them out on Amazon and such and read some reviews on there. No doubt you will find plenty of great headphones that are even below $100.

swent1

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I bought a pair of Pioneer in ear earphones for around $50 I believe from best buy. They are white with a metal part on the actual earpiece. Look very nice. The sound is unreal, in my opinion. Great bass too. I've used them for over a year, they have been through the wash three times without affecting any sound quality lol. They are just my favorites. They also fit beautifully and have a nice long cord. My definite go to for ear phones that aren't gonna break your bank!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1371649924158.jpg
    1371649924158.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 10

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89