Like the title suggests, I'm having problems receiving picture messages from my friends iPhone 5... I just got this galaxy and really like it but my friend isn't getting my photos I'm sending via text and I'm not receiving his either. I did have no problem sending pictures to an iPhone 3gs if that matters so that kinda confuses me. Anybody have any advice to solve this problem? Thanks for the help!
    06-18-2013 08:55 PM
    Like the title suggests, I'm having problems receiving picture messages from my friends iPhone 5... I just got this galaxy and really like it but my friend isn't getting my photos I'm sending via text and I'm not receiving his either. I did have no problem sending pictures to an iPhone 3gs if that matters so that kinda confuses me. Anybody have any advice to solve this problem? Thanks for the help!
    Are you using the stock messaging or a messaging app? Also, make sure mobile data is turned on.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-18-2013 09:06 PM
    Are you using the stock messaging or a messaging app? Also, make sure mobile data is turned on.
    Thanks for the quick reply! I'm using the default messaging app that came with the phone. And my mobile data is turned on. Any other ideas?
    06-18-2013 09:10 PM
    Also, if it matters (I think it does I just forgot to mention) is that my friends iPhone 5 won't even send the picture text. Just gets the red exclamation mark thing.
    06-18-2013 09:14 PM
    Not sure what is going on there. I used to have iPhone 5 and I did NOT turn off iMessage before switching to S4.
    In fact, I left it on because I have an iMac and I get my iMessages there still.
    Nearly All my friends have iPhone 5's and I have no issue sending or receiving picture messages. Even screen shots work both ways.
    I am using stock S4 messaging app as well.

You may have your iPhone friend go into Your contact info on his phone and make sure he has you set as Mobile, not iPhone.
    Not sure that would make a bit of difference. But I know iPhone does let you tell the phone if the person you are contacting has an iPhone.
    /shrug
    06-18-2013 09:16 PM
    Not sure what is going on there. I used to have iPhone 5 and I did NOT turn off iMessage before switching to S4.
    In fact, I left it on because I have an iMac and I get my iMessages there still.
    Nearly All my friends have iPhone 5's and I have no issue sending or receiving picture messages. Even screen shots work both ways.
    I am using stock S4 messaging app as well.

You may have your iPhone friend go into Your contact info on his phone and make sure he has you set as Mobile, not iPhone.
    Not sure that would make a bit of difference. But I know iPhone does let you tell the phone if the person you are contacting has an iPhone.
    /shrug
    Try this.

Posted via Android Central App
    06-18-2013 09:24 PM
    Ok I'll try this later tonight and let you guys know how it goes!
    06-18-2013 09:30 PM