Question about Storage space

nealio_1981

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I'm new here...and I hope someone else hasn't asked this question before. But tomorrow, I should get my GS4! Currently have about 2,700 songs on my external hard drive. (iTunes) I know of a program to put your iTunes onto an Android device. Easy Phone Sync........Do you think 2,700+ songs should cover this 16GB phone? Will there be any slowness or lag in the phone? Or should I just bite the bullet and buy a SD card?

Thanks in advance!

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I'm new here...and I hope someone else hasn't asked this question before. But tomorrow, I should get my GS4! Currently have about 2,700 songs on my external hard drive. (iTunes) I know of a program to put your iTunes onto an Android device. Easy Phone Sync........Do you think 2,700+ songs should cover this 16GB phone? Will there be any slowness or lag in the phone? Or should I just bite the bullet and buy a SD card?

Thanks in advance!

If you click on music in itunes at the bottom of the screen it should show you the size of your collection.

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
2700 songs will probably be more than 16GB, that is as long as they are of a decent bit rate. I'd buy a 32GB SD card or even bigger possibly. My iTunes library consists of just under 2200 songs and it takes up 22GB, but my music is all 256kbps aac or 320kbps mp3.

The available storage on a 16GB GS4 is really only about 8-9GB. So you will want an SD card as well.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site

Thanks in advance!

Why don't you upload them to Google Music and stream them. It will save you a lot of space. Or you can just buy an SD card.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
They'll fit but get an sd card anyway. I recommend 32 or 64gb with uhs1.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II

r2t

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I agree with the posters above. SD card is the best option to store all your media files. 16GB in the phone is not enough period, if you are a media hog. 32GB or 64GB card is your best bet.