I've been trying to customize the look and feel of my phone. One area I've been working on is notifications, especially lock screen.

Here is my issue. I'd like to use NiLS to create lock screen widgets. However, our work uses Exchange and has a security requirement of using at least a PIN. The stock app uses a device level PIN, in other words, I have to put it in at the lockscreen.

That creates a problem, as it appears I cannot add or change the lockscreen widgets when the PIN security is enabled. In fact, the use multiple lockscreen widgets option completely goes away when the PIN is enabled.

One solution may be to use Touchdown, since that uses an App level PIN rather than at the device level (ie I don't put the PIN in until I open touchdown rather than at the lockscreen). Will lockscreen widgets works with Touchdown since there is no device level PIN required? Will emails even show up from touchdown on a lockscreen widget?

Google Now is able to look at my stock calendar and tells me what events I have upcoming. Will it do the same with Touchdown's calendar?

Thanks for any help
    06-19-2013 08:48 AM
    For the benefit of others, Enhanced Email did the trick. No PIN security required (I realize that may be a concern to some) and it appears to feed the stock calendar so Google Now picks up the events.
    06-19-2013 10:43 AM