Do you use the air gestures, smart scrolling, tilt to scroll, Sbeam..all of those new S4 features?
    Just wondering....
    06-19-2013 04:47 PM
    I regularly use the air gestures (waving to answer in the car, hovering over text) and find myself really liking smart scroll now that I have the hang of it

Sent from my SGH-I337M using AC Forums mobile app
    06-19-2013 05:12 PM
    Surprisingly yes. I use air gesture more than I thought I would. Quick glance is also useful.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500
    06-19-2013 05:25 PM
    I'm using them, but not all at one time. I pick a couple and use them for a while, then switch. I really like the Quick Glance, Multi Window, Air Views, and Voice control. Heck, I like them all, but need more time with them so they will become second nature in my daily use of the device.

Posted via Android Central App
    06-19-2013 05:26 PM
    I use air gesture for wave to answer and some times to scroll web pages. I also use hovering over text to see if that email is worth opening or just deleting
    06-19-2013 05:51 PM
    I use the quick glance all the time. And now that my alarm clock died, I use the s4 as my exclusive clock in the bedroom. I use quick glance all night long. I just wish it worked if I had the phone at an angle.

Shon123 and droidntn like this.
    06-19-2013 07:26 PM
    Well, I use the voice commands, they work very well. And the multi window is pretty awesome. But I haven't found a use for the air gesture to swipe pages. I don't have a big problem just swiping my finger across. Also, the air gestures themselves look funny..looks like you're removing demons from your phone or something instead of reading something.
    There is a learning curve to some of these. I'm working on the one to scroll with your eyes, that might be useful. As well as tilting to scroll.
    Cool stuff anyhow.
    06-19-2013 07:36 PM
    Air View is a must! So useful
    I don't use the other for battery purposes, but I love that I have them there...I use the air swipe to swipe through pics and stuff
    06-19-2013 09:11 PM
    I use the quick glance all the time.

Ok, you talked me into it. I'm looking quick glance a lot!
    Sincerely,
    An amazing S4
    06-19-2013 10:37 PM
    I really want to use it especially in the car where I thought it would be most useful. I got tired of waving my hand to skip to the next track. LOL My boy said, like many "isn't easier to tap the screen?"

Air View, I think it would be better if it detect my finger further and the magnification was bigger.
    06-19-2013 10:45 PM
    A coworker and I did use the Sbeam yesterday just to see it work.
    It works.
    But really by the time you set that all up, you can just text a pic.
    It might come in handy for BIG files. I might try sbeam a video and see.
    06-20-2013 05:49 AM
    I REALLY like the quick glance feature. Didn't think I'd use it but it's very handy. Used it this am while at the gym.
    Excellent.
    The hover preview thing, Other than texts..what other apps does it work in?
    06-20-2013 12:23 PM
    I turned every single one of these "features" off. I also disabled most of the Samsung apps. To me, it is all bloat.
    kingb71 likes this.
    06-20-2013 01:26 PM
    I REALLY like the quick glance feature. Didn't think I'd use it but it's very handy. Used it this am while at the gym.
    Excellent.
    What I found strange is that it doesn't even work with *all* my texts...just a select few of them...anyone know why that is? (not a big deal to me, I don't even keep the feature turned on).
    06-20-2013 01:40 PM
    Excellent.
    What is quick glance?

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.
    06-20-2013 01:54 PM
    What is quick glance?

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.
    If you phone is sitting on a flat surface like a table, you can wave your hand over it and see if there are any notifications and such. Doesn't fully wake up the phone and go to the lock screen, it's more like a quick status display.
    06-20-2013 01:57 PM
    I use the following features:

Smart Stay
    Quick Glance
    Air call-accept
    Air move for the Calendar
    Smart Alert
    Direct Call
    Mute/pause
    Speed Dial Preview
    Information Preview for the Calendar
    Progress Preview

I think these features are great and I dont see why people wouldn't use them.
    06-20-2013 02:25 PM
    What I found strange is that it doesn't even work with *all* my texts...just a select few of them...anyone know why that is? (not a big deal to me, I don't even keep the feature turned on).
    if you are talking about the hover preview, it will work on the texts that are longer than 1 line, why? because if it's just 1 line of texts you will see it completely anyhow, so when is more than 1 line, you use the hover preview and it will bring you all the text, for me that's genius and very useful and I use it every time, for Texts, contacts with long Name and Emails using the email app.
    ihbsbA likes this.
    06-20-2013 03:13 PM