I have yet to find a way to sync my Calendar associated with my Gmail business account (username@my-domain.com) with my S4. I can send and receive e-mails from device to/from business account, but it appears that calendars can only be synchronised to a "normal" Google account (username@gmail.com), for the following reasons:

1) I cannot set-up my username@my-domain.com Gmail business account as a gmail account on the S4, because the google account configuration on the phone is HARD-CODED as username@gmail.com
    2) Sharing of calendars on the phone is done via gmail account or exchange server (which our organisation) does not use, as we use Gmail business)

I tried to get around this from the Gmail side, by sharing my username@my-domain account with my private gmail account, but this is not allowed according to our Gmail business account policy which only limits sharing of calendars with external accounts.

So, I sit with a brand-new S4 which has LESS functionality and appears to be orders of magnitude more difficult to configure than my old Blackberry...starting to feel twinges of regret and hoping.

Seems to me the problem is with the limitation (on the phone) regarding configuration of a Gmail business account that uses its own domain name.
    06-20-2013 07:58 AM