08-29-2013 09:40 PM
35 12
tools
    Just curious, what mA+Temp widgets are those? I am new to Android
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....currentwidget

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II
    07-11-2013 06:32 PM
    One comment, if anyone's still digging in this--it seems obvious in retrospect, but the magnets in this totally screw up the compass

If you take the coil out, after about 30 minutes the phone seems to reset, but while it's in there, forget about getting accurate directions.

GPS compass does still work, and nav seems to be ok, but other apps that rely just on the magnetic compass (like ISS Finder) are likely to be toast.
    08-08-2013 08:07 PM
    One comment, if anyone's still digging in this--it seems obvious in retrospect, but the magnets in this totally screw up the compass

If you take the coil out, after about 30 minutes the phone seems to reset, but while it's in there, forget about getting accurate directions.

GPS compass does still work, and nav seems to be ok, but other apps that rely just on the magnetic compass (like ISS Finder) are likely to be toast.
    I don't have any problems with navigation with the coil in place. I suppose if I were to go hiking or something that actually needed the compass I can always just take it out temporarily.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 on AT&T
    08-14-2013 09:56 AM
    Ok folks, I got one of these and a few touchstone chargers. The only problem is that with it installed and plugged in I never get the popup and never get a charge. I've verified that it is installed correctly and that the contacts are touching. Any ideas on what I am missing?

Edit: Apparently the USB cable I was using had an issue. Seems to be working now with a different cable.
    08-19-2013 07:08 AM
    Ok folks, I got one of these and a few touchstone chargers. The only problem is that with it installed and plugged in I never get the popup and never get a charge. I've verified that it is installed correctly and that the contacts are touching. Any ideas on what I am missing?

Edit: Apparently the USB cable I was using had an issue. Seems to be working now with a different cable.
    Glad you got it worked out. Are you using a case?

I just ordered this aluminum bumper I hope to have it in the next week or so.

Palm Touchstone Inductive Charging Galaxy S4-uploadfromtaptalk1377021688085.jpg

08-20-2013 01:01 PM
    Anyone know if I get a qi receiver will it work with the palm touchstone?

Posted via Android Central App
    08-20-2013 04:22 PM
    Anyone know if I get a qi receiver will it work with the palm touchstone?

Posted via Android Central App
    It will not. You need to get the palm inductive coil for the S4 to charge with a Touchstone.

08-20-2013 05:42 PM
    08-29-2013 09:32 AM
    I'm probably going to be getting an S4 in the next few weeks and this is very cool! I didn't even think of doing something like this with the phone.

This option says it won't affect the NFC features of the phone and also uses an "original" Samsung back cover.

NEW Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 Wireless Charging KIT Touchstone Charger Back Cover | eBay

I would love to see a comparison picture of two S4's, one with the wireless charging back case on and one without it to see what, if any, difference in thickness there is.
    08-29-2013 10:12 AM
    I'm probably going to be getting an S4 in the next few weeks and this is very cool! I didn't even think of doing something like this with the phone.

This option says it won't affect the NFC features of the phone and also uses an "original" Samsung back cover.

NEW Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 Wireless Charging KIT Touchstone Charger Back Cover | eBay

I would love to see a comparison picture of two S4's, one with the wireless charging back case on and one without it to see what, if any, difference in thickness there is.
    The same door goes on the back. But there's a slight bulge in the middle with the coil in place. Refer to my original pictures on the first post.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4
    08-29-2013 09:40 PM
35 12