Remove VZW from lockscreen?

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible to remove the VZW from the lockscreen.?
Please don't say switch to AT&T.

Sincerely,
An amazing S4

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
No root.
Widget locker...for those of you with it.
Can I put my own image for my lockscreen? And put shortcuts to apps on there. and then once that app is done, say for instance camera.
Once I close the camera, does it go back to lock? Or just go to your apps.
It doesn't make sense to put apps on a lockscreen and then go to the app and then the phone is unlocked.
I want to use the app that I've shortcut on the lockscreen but the phone itself remain locked.

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
This is my lock screen right now with Widget Locker.
Widgets were made with uccw and i found the wallpaper and slider somewhere and added it.
Yes on your camera question. The phone remains locked.
I'm not positive on all the other apps as I just got the app recently and haven't played with it as much as my home screens.
There are other lockers out there that are free that you can try but I'm really liking Widget Locker over the others.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-06-22-21-01-39.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-06-22-21-01-39.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 54

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
This is my lock screen right now with Widget Locker.
Widgets were made with uccw and i found the wallpaper and slider somewhere and added it.
Yes on your camera question. The phone remains locked.
I'm not positive on all the other apps as I just got the app recently and haven't played with it as much as my home screens.
There are other lockers out there that are free that you can try but I'm really liking Widget Locker over the others.

Very nice. I did go ahead and buy it. Sort of a learning curve to it but I Like it. ,
I like having my phone locked..but having things I don't care are locked up easily and quickly accessible. I see a lot of different lock screen arrangements and fonts. I'm not able to duplicate some of those. But again..learning curve.

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
The XDA forums and Deviantart site have lots of different sliders and buttons and whatever else you could want. Get UCCW and give function to the buttons or make your own. It a lot easier than it seems. There is a learning curve but that's what boring dates are for.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
The XDA forums and Deviantart site have lots of different sliders and buttons and whatever else you could want. Get UCCW and give function to the buttons or make your own. It a lot easier than it seems. There is a learning curve but that's what boring dates are for.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...omwidget&feature=search_result&token=afPF1rh_..

That one?
I'm married 30 years this year. Long time since a boring date.
I guess I could while we watch The Notebook for the 8 millionth time though.

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
That's the one. Don't let it intimidate you. I would use or add a blank extra home screen to practice on then when you get something you like save it in uccw then add it to your lock screen through widget locker. Feel free to PM if you have a question or need help with it.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
That's the one. Don't let it intimidate you. I would use or add a blank extra home screen to practice on then when you get something you like save it in uccw then add it to your lock screen through widget locker. Feel free to PM if you have a question or need help with it.
Yikes. I build websites and computers and that lil app looks German to me. LOL.
I Might take you up on that offer cause the result looks cool.
Right now, I have done something with Widget Locker I can't seem to find a way to undo.
My apps on the Widget Locker are there, but when I click on them, it goes to the password screen and I have to password in to my phone to use them.
Used to they would just go from the Widget locker screen.

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Its simple, you hit the +/- button and add what you want. Then hit the center button that says background and choose what you want to edit or edit the background. Just play around with all the choices until you get the hang of it.
As for the locker, unfortunately unless I'm mistaken, you can't run anything unless you have 'swipe' or 'none' selected under the system settings for lock screen. I use swipe and if I'm going to be leaving my phone away from me for long periods I'll change it to password in the system settings. I don't really need a password enabled if its going to be in my pocket, but for some it may be better safe than sorry. I think this is a general problem with the phone being tightknit with the security.but I'll keep looking for info.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for those tips.
It's weird cause originally when I installed widget locker, it worked perfect. Widgets opened from lock screen.
I'm sure I botched it up playing around with it.
Let meet know if you find out what setting needs to be changed.
Thanks again.

Sincerely,
An amazing S4

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Well, I've cleaned cache/uninstalled/rebooted and the same thing happens. Dev has yet to reply to emails.
After Googling I see others have had this issue.
Do any of you have WL active (apps executed from the Widget Locker screen) AND have stock Android PIN lockscreen as well?

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I know you've been actively searching for app functions while in pin/password security so I thought I would pass this along.
The new Widgetlocker update includes 2 new bezel swipe functions similar to the stock launcher. If you swipe your screen from the right bezel it will open up the camera while still behind your pattern /pin lock. You won't have access to the gallery but at least you can have camera access now.
That might not solve all your problems but it's a promising start.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12