07-27-2013 10:55 PM
45 12
tools
    So today I got an awesome sketching app and its really amazing! And it works awesome with the S4 screen. So I've been playing around with it with my finger and I'm surprised it works really good. Now I want to try it out with a stylus because I can get more precise movement and whatnot. Whats a recommended stylus to use for S4? Preferably one with a small tip. Thanks!
    06-22-2013 04:09 AM
    What program are you using? I've been using Autodesk Sketchbook Mobile and its amazing, been using the desktop version for years. But I'd like a pen also. I don't do a whole lot of drawing digitally, just with pencil, inks and paints, but to be able to take a quick pic of what I'm drawing and sketch adjustments on the phone to see if what I'm drawing will work before laying it down on paper is a huge timesaver.
    06-22-2013 08:01 AM
    So today I got an awesome sketching app and its really amazing! And it works awesome with the S4 screen. So I've been playing around with it with my finger and I'm surprised it works really good. Now I want to try it out with a stylus because I can get more precise movement and whatnot. Whats a recommended stylus to use for S4? Preferably one with a small tip. Thanks!
    The smallest tip I have seen is the samsung stylus that came out with the S3. It is OEM Samsung and looks like a regular pen. I use mine on my S4 and it works very well.

Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy C-Pen Stylus Pen for Galaxy S3: Cell Phones & Accessories
    iFebby and thecure13 like this.
    06-22-2013 09:43 AM
    06-22-2013 12:18 PM
    What program are you using? I've been using Autodesk Sketchbook Mobile and its amazing
    This one!! I saw a class mate using it and I was amazed at all you could do in a matter of minutes on your phone. And like you said, it's a huge time saviour and a good time killer.
    06-22-2013 12:22 PM
    Thanks, I will defiantly look into both of these to see which one works better for me. I'm just happy the s4 screen isn't small and with a stylus, a lot more is possible.
    06-22-2013 12:30 PM
    Did you know the s3 and s4 both have support for the spen. Samsung has the spen sdk up on their developer website. It's just no one has built anything from it to add support for it.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs
    06-22-2013 12:51 PM
    Did you know the s3 and s4 both have support for the spen. Samsung has the spen sdk up on their developer website. It's just no one has built anything from it to add support for it.

Spen hu. Never heard of it. Ill see whats it about.

I will spit on your tomb!
    06-22-2013 01:08 PM

Does it really? I don't believe it does. I tried my s-pen from my note 2 on my s3 with no luck at all. I think it has more to do hardware wise than just software because a couple of clients have brought note 2s where the digitizer didn't work for pressing with finger but did for spen.
    06-22-2013 08:11 PM

I guess even samsung forgot because the spen does not work on the s memo app on the s4. The spen is a WACOM pen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337
    06-22-2013 08:25 PM
    Those look nice but the tip isn't small. I might try that s3 stylus posted earlier. The c-pen.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    06-22-2013 08:58 PM
    Yeah I'm nervous dropping too much $ without trying some. I saw some at the store tonight and the tips are pretty big, wondering how well these work with screen protectors. The Samsung pens reviews aren't really blowing me away.
    06-22-2013 09:34 PM
    So what would everyone recommend in the end? Lol.
    06-22-2013 10:32 PM
    So what would everyone recommend in the end? Lol.
    That you try out as many as you can and let's us know.
    Are you using the paid version of sketchbook? I was using the free version forever and it was fine and I just upgraded last weekend. Way more accessible now.
    06-22-2013 10:52 PM
    That you try out as many as you can and let's us know.
    Are you using the paid version of sketchbook? I was using the free version forever and it was fine and I just upgraded last weekend. Way more accessible now.
    The full version. Its so awesome all the things your capable of in the palm of your hand!!
    06-22-2013 11:08 PM
    I've had a Note 10.1 for a few weeks and absolutely love the active stylus. It has changed my whole way of doing business.
    Now last week I got fed up with the severe lag from my old Droid Charge and purchased an S4. I did consider the Note 2, but it's main function remains as a phone, so did not want to get one as big as the note. However, I'd be thrilled if the S4 did work with the S-Pen.
    This thread gives mixed reviews on the C-Pen and other pens. My concern with a rubber stylus is having experienced a rubber stylus on my old HP Touchpad, I found it was sticky on the screen. It just did not glide well. I got a Boxwave fiber mesh stylus that actually worked pretty good, but the thick point is still a problem. Just about impossible to get any accuracy with it due to the size. I tried it out on the phone and it seems to work ok, but still the accuracy is an issue. I've seen a couple different small point stylii on Amazon, the C-Pen plus this one:

Amazon.com: iKross Galaxy Touch Screen Stylus Pen for Samsung Galaxy S IV / S4 GT-I9500, Galaxy S3 / S III - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Anyone used this? What about rubber tip. Does the Samsung CPen have rubber or fiber mesh?

Note: One of the notes on this pen indicates that these small point stylii only work on the S3 and S4. So apparently there was some design considerations in these devices to use a small point stylus, just not the S-Pen.
    07-04-2013 02:10 PM
    I've said this before in another thread. The s3 and s4 both have support for the spen, they just don't have the software to support it as samsung didn't include it. But if someone wants to compile something for them from the spen sdk, then things would change.

07-04-2013 03:41 PM
    I just ordered a case for my S4 and it came with a free c-pens.
    Not sure what brand it is but it's amazing. It has a really large nib but I'm not seeing that being an issue at all as its drawing extremely fine lines in sketchbook pro.
    I also have a zagg hd screen protector on and it still glides like glass with no issues.
    It also has a hole through the faux clicker end that you can string through, having my daughter make me a necklace/lanyard for it.
    Just saying if you are on the fence about buying one I would just do it. I can't believe I didn't buy one the first day I bought my phone, I'm actually using it now in swype to write this.
    If you use the link and buy it, I received it in day 3 after ordering and the case is also quite nice.
    Amazon.com: Ionic GUARDIAN Armor Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 S 4 SIV S IV/ New galaxy s4 2013 Model (AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon) (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories
    thecure13 likes this.
    07-10-2013 02:35 PM
    Not sure what brand it is but it's amazing. It has a really large nib but I'm not seeing that being an issue at all as its drawing extremely fine lines in sketchbook pro.
    I also have a zagg hd screen protector on and it still glides like glass with no issues.
    It also has a hole through the faux clicker end that you can string through, having my daughter make me a necklace/lanyard for it.
    Just saying if you are on the fence about buying one I would just do it. I can't believe I didn't buy one the first day I bought my phone, I'm actually using it now in swype to write this.
    If you use the link and buy it, I received it in day 3 after ordering and the case is also quite nice.
    Amazon.com: Ionic GUARDIAN Armor Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 S 4 SIV S IV/ New galaxy s4 2013 Model (AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon) (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories
    Omg thankssss!! I see that its a pretty big nib and if that works, then I can base off of that! Will definitely look into this as I have not found one lol. And awesome news on how it works flawlessly even with screen protector!
    07-10-2013 06:59 PM
    It's so smooth, you don't have to push down at all on it. All my fears were put aside the moment I used it with sketchbook pro, plus with that program you can zoom and change the radius of the tool for even finer detail anyway.
    I do a lot of high detail photo realistic stuff and I have no complaints. I haven't set it down yet.
    Now if Sketchbook could just incorporate a floating color picker widget like the desktop version...
    07-10-2013 08:18 PM
    It's so smooth, you don't have to push down at all on it. All my fears were put aside the moment I used it with sketchbook pro, plus with that program you can zoom and change the radius of the tool for even finer detail anyway.
    I do a lot of high detail photo realistic stuff and I have no complaints. I haven't set it down yet.
    Now if Sketchbook could just incorporate a floating color picker widget like the desktop version...
    Lol that would be awesome!! Ordered me a case btw!!
    07-10-2013 08:37 PM
    Oh cool, let me know what you think. I am super pleased with both case and pen, really great deal in my opinion. Very excited for you. If you hate it I'd like to hear that too.
    07-10-2013 08:44 PM
    Hows the case it self? I might consider. The case since.it comes with a new pen to try.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    07-10-2013 09:06 PM
    Just putting this out there. I ordered a 10 pack of stylus from ebay for 4 dollars.

They are a little tiny but they have been working wonderfully with the S4. The handwriting recognition is a little lackluster, but it is possible that is because I am a terrible writer.
    07-10-2013 09:11 PM
    That's exactly the same pen they gave me for free when I bought my case and holster last week!

I got my GS4 on July 1st. On the 4th I ordered my case from Amazon (see the pics and link below), and it came with a cheap screen protector and the same pen you got.

So far that pen works great even with that screen protector they sent me.
    And the case and holster are pretty darn good too!

As of matter of fact, today my GS4 survived a drop from about 4 feet high onto hard porcelain tile floor! That case saved it! No damage at all, and it landed face first

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00CJ0...cUvbUpU2912244

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away
    Attached Thumbnails Stylus for S4?-1373512278862.jpg   Stylus for S4?-1373512291213.jpg   Stylus for S4?-1373512301273.jpg  
    07-10-2013 10:11 PM
45 12