Hello I just switched over from a Q10 to Samsung Galaxy S4 and I have few newbie questions:

1. What is the best way to access my Google Apps For Business Email? Using the native Email client and using exchange active sync or using the Gmail app? I do need push email support. I also need to get my contacts and calendar sync'd.

2. I have already setup the email client thru exchange activesync and all works but people tell me this way og getting will be retired soon and should switch to gmail app. Is that correct?

3. I am trying to set up email through gmail, it tells me I need to get device policy app. I have downloaded it and once I click on activate it tell me my user is blocked. Any thoughts how to resolve this. I can't see in google apps this user being blocked.

Thanks everyone.
    06-22-2013 06:53 AM
    1. What is the best way to access my Google Apps For Business Email? Using the native Email client and using exchange active sync or using the Gmail app? I do need push email support. I also need to get my contacts and calendar sync'd.
    I use the native Gmail app. Works exactly like it does for non biz GApps. (In fact, it lets you easily switch between the two when you're composing an e-mail, which I like a lot.) Calendar and contacts sync exactly the same way as well. It's seamless.

2. I have already setup the email client thru exchange activesync and all works but people tell me this way og getting will be retired soon and should switch to gmail app. Is that correct?
    That's what I'd do, yeah.

3. I am trying to set up email through gmail, it tells me I need to get device policy app. I have downloaded it and once I click on activate it tell me my user is blocked. Any thoughts how to resolve this. I can't see in google apps this user being blocked.
    Not sure about that. For me as a user, it just works. Anyone else?
    06-22-2013 08:04 AM
    I agree with Phil, the Gmail app works flawlessly with Google Apps business Gmail. Chrome, on the other hand, does not recognize my Google Apps Gmail, so I have to sign in with my personal Gmail email address.
    06-22-2013 08:53 AM
    Thanks Phil. So I'm clear, you say the Gmail App (i think version 4'5) found in the apps section is preferred over the native Email that is default with android?
    06-22-2013 08:56 AM
    I contacted d google and they said not to use MS Exchange Activesync at all. I'm all set. Thanks everyone.
    06-23-2013 09:38 AM