How I ended up with a S4 (Don Juan Android story)

killadon

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone.

I just want to start off this story by saying that I wanted to write something positive for the forums that's so cluttered with complaints, problems, and unnecessary bickering. This is just a little story on how my trials and tribulations got me to this beautiful phone we call the Galaxy S4. You are not required to read this. With that being said let the story begin.

My first android phone was a motorola cliq. It was my first smartphone and so you already know I was extremely excited about finally being part of the cool group. I didn't know at the time about the versions of android and all that good stuff, I was just happy to have a smartphone. Then I started seeing other android phones doing things that my cliq couldn't do. At this point I learned that my phone was on 1.6(Man it seems like a long time ago....). So I waited for 2.1 for the longest time until this happen https://forums.motorola.com/posts/99d7acfc74 . Yea to say the least I ended up switching to a htc mytouch slide.

Now the only reason I got the slide is because at the time was because I wasn't convinced about touch screen keyboards and I text a lot so it made sense at the time. Well one day I went into the T-Mobile store to look for a case for my phone when I saw the Samsung Vibrant for the first time. Man that phone blew me away . The live wallpapers, Avatar full movie, and the screen ...... man that screen. Well I was into my 2 weeks with the slide and I noticed that I wasn't using the keyboard at all and that vibrant was still on my mind. So I took the slide back and got the vibrant. Was loving that phone man.

Well over time T-Mobile service was starting to suck and it was time to move up the network chain. At this time there was a phone on the rise that had way too much hype going for it.................so I had to get it. The mighty HTC EVO 4G. Phew that phone was a beast when I got it. The kickstand man..........................the kickstand. Had such a great time with that phone ............. until I learned about how much internal memory it had inside and also the small ram. Then on top of that, that thing sucked batteries life like no other phone I have ever seen. Always had 2 back up batteries on deck just to survive a day of use. This phone was also the first phone I rooted................had to get sprint nascar app off some kinda way. Well while I was getting rid of stuff I saw that sense was taking majority of my storage. I thought for a while because I always used golauncher ex and never had a point in using sense. So sense went and I had all that storage to use......... yay..........until I restarted my phone.........first brick. Thank gawd for youtube..........that's all I'm going to say about that. Then came the Galaxy S2 which for sprint was the named the Epic 4g Touch.

Now this was what I was talking about right here. Samsung had did it again for me here. 16gb internal and my 32gb microsd card gave me more than enough space at the time. The screen as usual was awesome and it was very slim. If it wasn't for sprint network I would probably still have it today. Which brings me to my next move. AT&T.

Now when I was in transition from switching from sprint to at&t yet another over hyped phone was on the rise. The Galaxy Note. Man that was a huge phone. I had a very clear understanding what a phablet was after holding it for the first time. Loved watching movies on it and text seemed so much better. ....at first. After a while I started missing have the capability of one handed operations. Around the time when I was feeling this, the Galaxy s3 had hit stores and my interest in it was growing. Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo I got it, and yet again it was awesome. Everything about that phone just worked and worked wonderful. Matter a fact it was the first phone I didn't ebay when I was done with it. I gave it to my lovely mother and added her to my plan.

So when the S4 came out I already knew it was going to be my next phone. Every Galaxy series I owned (including the note even though it was to big for me) just come out better and better.

I'm glad I was able to tell this little story. It has been a great ride with android and I see much more on the horizon. I don't expect a lot of readers, didn't really write it for that intent in the first place. I just wrote this to tell a story on a nice saturday morning for anyone who wanted to read it and also to just get away from the negative that has lately plaqued this forum. I hope you enjoyed the read and if you didn't I understand ..............at least you read it. Have a great day.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 133
  • tmob-mytouch-slide-black-keyboard-sm.jpg
    tmob-mytouch-slide-black-keyboard-sm.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 133
  • download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 133
  • download (2).jpg
    download (2).jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 133
  • download (3).jpg
    download (3).jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 132
  • download (4).jpg
    download (4).jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 132
  • download (5).jpg
    download (5).jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 132
  • download (6).jpg
    download (6).jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
You made me go to the past :D
Good memories, good memories.

Although I've used a few Palm and HTC Windows devices before, my own first Smartphone was the memorable Palm Prē, still have it and use it with WiFi just to keep my gesture loving fingers happy. :D

The Evo 4G was my first Android phone, I watched all the Football games from the "Mundial" (World Cup) on ESPN live on that phone! Real football, not the handball mix with rugby they play here, my team is the 49ers by the way. I wonder who was the ***** who called football soccer and american rugby football :confused: :banghead: Oh well :beer::D

After almost a month with the Evo I just had to go back to my Prē. I did test the Evo 3D but still kept the Prē.
Finally, after those idiots at HP and the stupid Leo Idioteker kill WebOS, I got my current phone; the mighty Photon 4G and stupid Motorola decided to kill Android updates to it. So now the heck with HP and Motorola! I'll be getting either the HTC One or the Galaxy S4 in a few weeks! :D

"If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!"
~Doctor Who.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone.

I just want to start off this story by saying that I wanted to write something positive for the forums that's so cluttered with complaints, problems, and unnecessary bickering. This is just a little story on how my trials and tribulations got me to this beautiful phone we call the Galaxy S4. You are not required to read this. With that being said let the story begin.

My first android phone was a motorola cliq. It was my first smartphone and so you already know I was extremely excited about finally being part of the cool group. I didn't know at the time about the versions of android and all that good stuff, I was just happy to have a smartphone. Then I started seeing other android phones doing things that my cliq couldn't do. At this point I learned that my phone was on 1.6(Man it seems like a long time ago....). So I waited for 2.1 for the longest time until this happen https://forums.motorola.com/posts/99d7acfc74 . Yea to say the least I ended up switching to a htc mytouch slide.

Now the only reason I got the slide is because at the time was because I wasn't convinced about touch screen keyboards and I text a lot so it made since at the time. Well one day I went into the T-Mobile store to look for a case for my phone when I saw the Samsung Vibrant for the first time. Man that phone blew me away . The live wallpapers, Avatar full movie, and the screen ...... man that screen. Well I was into my 2 weeks with the slide and I noticed that I wasn't using the keyboard at all and that vibrant was still on my mind. So I took the slide back and got the vibrant. Was loving that phone man.

Well over time T-Mobile service was starting to suck and it was time to move up the network chain. At this time there was a phone on the rise that had way too much hype going for it.................so I had to get it. The mighty HTC EVO 4G. Phew that phone was a best when I got it. The kickstand man..........................the kickstand. Had such a great time with that phone ............. until I learned about how much internal memory it had inside and also the small ram. Then on top of that, that thing sucked batteries life like no other phone I have ever seen. Always had 2 back up batteries on deck just to survive a day of use. This phone was also the first phone I rooted................had to get sprint nascar app off some kinda way. Well while I was getting rid of stuff I saw that sense was taking majority of my storage. I thought for a while because I always used golauncher ex and never had a point in using sense. So sense went and I had all that storage to use......... yay..........until I restarted my phone.........first brick. Thank gawd for youtube..........that's all I'm going to say about that. Then came the Galaxy S2 which for sprint was the named the Epic 4g Touch.

Now this was what I was talking about right here. Samsung had did it again for me here. 16gb internal and my 32gb microsd card gave me more than enough space at the time. The screen as usual was awesome and it was very slim. If it wasn't for sprint network I would probably still have it today. Which brings me to my next move. AT&T.

Now when I was in transition from switching from sprint to at&t yet another over hyped phone was on the rise. The Galaxy Note. Man that was a huge phone. I had a very clear understanding what a phablet was after holding it for the first time. Loved watching movies on it and text seemed so much better. ....at first. After a while I started missing have the capability of one handed operations. Around the time when I was feeling this, the Galaxy s3 had hit stores and my interest in it was growing. Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo I got it, and yet again it was awesome. Everything about that phone just worked and worked wonderful. Matter a fact it was the first phone I didn't ebay when I was done with it. I gave it to my lovely mother and added her to my plan.

So when the S4 came out I already knew it was going to be my next phone. Every Galaxy series I owned (including the note even though it was to big for me) just come out better and better.

I'm glad I was able to tell this little story. It has been a great ride with android and I see much more on the horizon. I don't expect a lot of readers, didn't really write it for that intent in the first place. I just wrote this to tell a story on a nice saturday morning for anyone who wanted to read it and also to just get away from the negative that has lately plaqued this forum. I hope you enjoyed the read and if you didn't I understand ..............at least you read it. Have a great day.

Amazing how any of us look back several devices and balk at how that was among the best phone at the time. I mean...remember the original Razr?

Sent from a M.O.A.R. Galaxy S3

swent1

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Ohh the good old RAZR. I have fond memories of the HTC Touch Diamond and that stylus that was such a huge thing at the time lol

Sent from my SGH-I337M using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ohh the good old RAZR. I have fond memories of the HTC Touch Diamond and that stylus that was such a huge thing at the time lol

Sent from my SGH-I337M using AC Forums mobile app

What is sad about the Razr is current phones are better, faster, can do more, and are thinner.

Sent from a M.O.A.R. Galaxy S3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12