Notification sounds while texting

baloo2944

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
So I?m new to Android coming from iPhone, while I am having a text conversation and the conversation is open, and I receive a new text from the other person I am texting with, the notification sound plays. I find this quite annoying as I am already looking at the conversation and don?t need to be audibly notified I have received a new text from that person. Now, if a new text came in on another conversation I am not viewing currently, then sure, sound away, but not the one I am currently looking at. There has to be a away to disable this. Any info/help/ideas are appreciated.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Is this on the stock messaging app? Nothing in the menu>settings while in there?

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes stock messaging. I can't find any settings to make that change.

Are you against using CHOMP SMS, Handcent, or GO SMS? you can customize soooo many things with these apps and just turn off all notifications from the stock app... You can set individual tones and vibration for each user, different icons, and there's a pop up notification that has a quick reply feature... Lots of people use this instead of stock. It's the first thing I install on a new phone.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

jfarinella

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
There is definitely a bug in the stock texting app. After having my phone since release date, i didn't want to wipe it. I installed Go SMS Pro and it works perfectly.

baloo2944

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
"Found it...
Settings >my device >call >call alerts

Uncheck the boxes that you don't want.."

Thanks for the advice, however, this issue lies within the texting app, not making a phone call. I did test this suggestion, and it did not resolve the described problem.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
"Found it...
Settings >my device >call >call alerts

Uncheck the boxes that you don't want.."

Thanks for the advice, however, this issue lies within the texting app, not making a phone call. I did test this suggestion, and it did not resolve the described problem.

Oh geesh, I had my mind set on disabling it during a call for some reason - I didn't even think to reread the original post to make sure I was posting a solution - lol! Sorry!

? Sent from my Galaxy S4 ?
??? Formerly "Evo_Girl"

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira