Restored S4, how do I sync my apps? I've logged in with google, but nothing is happening?

Calidoc

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Every other time I have reset my device my apps automatically install when I log in to google, but this time this isn't happening. I don't see a way to "force" the sync. So, the only apps on my phone are the stock apps. Any help?

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know you will have to do it manually....... just look for every app that you have downloaded and reinstall it again..... any app that you have bought it will reinstall once you look for it............ I don't know any other way to do it automatically .....maybe some one else knows a different way ................

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
That's one of the main reason that the first thing I do when I get an Android device is to root it and then install Titanium Backup PRO, as easy as backup all your Apps with Data, then after any Reset or Restore or Install a new Rom you just go and restore your Apps with Data and you have everything back as it was before.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Don't know about a way to auto sync all your previously downloaded apps BUT there is an easy way to get them back on the phone. Make sure you are logged into your google account on the phone, open google play, hit the lower left capacitive menu button, in the resulting pop up menu top of the list is "my apps", select that, top of the resulting window are tabs for "installed" and "all", select the "all" tab. The resulting list shows all the apps you have downloaded/purchased with the currently logged in google account. You can pick and choose which apps to reinstall. The list will show which apps are currently installed. I use this all the time because I frequently download an app for some purpose, then uninstall it, then later if I need it again I can go back and get it with relative ease.

stang5litre1

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same problem. You can download your apps using that method but you will not have your data or cache so if you downloaded music or got to level 5 you will start from scratch with this method. I would try doing a factory reset and redoing your google account. This has worked for some and others not. Hope this helps. I am facing the same problem when it restored them to my other s4 but won't to this one. :mad: