Holster for Cruzerlite bugdroid exo or UAG case for Samsung Galaxy S4

xiaqin

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I am looking for a slim 2-layer case for my Galaxy S4 with a compatible holster. The two best cases I have seen are the Cruzerlite bug exo and Urban Armor Gear (UAG, various models). The Seidio Active case is 2-layer and has a holster but is not as slim as the others. The stand on the back of the Active case also prevents the S4 from laying flat on a table or other surface, and the corners of the case are only protected by the rubber layer.

I do not believe that Cruzerlite or UAG manufacture holsters for the above-referenced cases. In their FAQ, UAG suggests that a holster for the Samsung Note 2 works with the case for the S4. However, no other specific information is provided. I fear that they are likely referring to a pouch holster, which is not what I am looking for.

I am wondering whether the holster for the Seidio Surface case for the S4 would work with the Cruzerlite case. The two cases appear to have similar dimensions. Has anyone tried the Seidio holster with the Cruzerlite case? Can anyone suggest a holster that works well with either the Cruzerlite or UAG case?

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I have the seidio surface case and holster. I do not have a cruzerlite but I do have a CIMO TPU case and it works fine with the holster. I also have the Samsung Protection + case and it also works with the holster. If the Cruzerlite is a regular TPU holster it should work fine. I have a Note 2 also with the same cases and holster. I do not think the S4 will fit the Note 2 holster as the note 2 is too tal and the spring latch would not work.

If the case you are using is a two piece case I would get the seidio active holster. A two part case is probably too wide for the surface holster.

xiaqin

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Well, I can confirm that the Cruzerlite Bugdroid case is too thick for the Seidio Surface holster but fits the Seidio Active holster very well. That said, I think the Seidio Active case is better than the Bugdroid case. First, the Active case does not fit as snugly around the phone as the Bugdroid case. This allows the Active case to be used with a tempered glass (Bodyguardz) screen cover, whereas the Bugdroid case fits so tightly that it causes air pockets to form under the screen cover. Second, although the Bugdroid is a two-piece case, both pieces are made of fairly rigid plastic. The Active case combines a metallic outer shell with a soft rubber-like inner case. I feel this would absorb the shock of a drop much better than the Bugdroid case, which would simply transfer the energy of the drop to the phone. Third, the magnetic kickstand included on the back of the Seidio Active case is very useful. The Active holster is also awesome.

The Bugdroid case looks cool but is not as functional as the Active case. Frankly, the Active case looks as good or better, particularly from a "working professional" perspective. I recommend both cases, but the Active suits my preferences better.