So whenever I leave my phone on sleep mode overnight it's always out of juice by morning. Last night I put my phone down with %45 of battery left and was all gone by morning. I wasn't downloading anything on the background or anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500
    06-22-2013 07:15 PM
    It is hard to tell just by what you are saying. We need to know what is active in the settings, like wifi, bluetooth, gps etc. On the other hand you need to go into the settings > more > battery and see what is using your battery there. If you could upload a picture of both setting will be more helpful for every one to help. On the other hand it might be that you have a bad battery because 45% in 7 or 8 hrs is a lot. I have heard that normally you would loose 1 to 2 % per hour.
    06-22-2013 07:32 PM
    Sorry. Here's a picture.

Attached Thumbnails What could be using my battery?-uploadfromtaptalk1371948100394.jpg  
    06-22-2013 07:42 PM
    Well I don't have a GS4, I found this thread on the "unanswered threads" list. But generally Android is much the same. You should be able to find out what is using it by going into Settings, then Battery or Power or whatever it is called on your device. It should offer usage statistics on what is eating it. If it's an app, get rid of it or disable it if you can.

edit: Ninja posted. Okay, so something is turning the screen on a lot. Try downloading Greenify. I am not sure if it has to be on a rooted device since mine is, but if it does work on an unrooted phone, it will tell you what is running in the background, what is waking the phone (a phone can be woken even with the screen not turning on) and it lets you hibernate these apps, so that they don't run on their own, and will only do something when you specifically run them.
    06-22-2013 07:44 PM
    Sorry. Here's a picture.

Two things... if the display is on auto.....take it out and lower the brightness to less than half, to a comfortable level. Your screen is using the highest of it. The other thing is that mediaserver if you don't use it all of the time, I would stop it cause as you know it works on wifi plus it might be constantly scanning what to send. As you can see 14% is being used by this application. Try closing it until you need it and see what it does, if not........ you might have a bad battery.
    PS: Look at the permissions under the google play store and that will give you an idea of the access this app has to your settings and therefore battery.
    06-22-2013 08:00 PM
    Well I don't have a GS4, I found this thread on the "unanswered threads" list. But generally Android is much the same. You should be able to find out what is using it by going into Settings, then Battery or Power or whatever it is called on your device. It should offer usage statistics on what is eating it. If it's an app, get rid of it or disable it if you can.

edit: Ninja posted. Okay, so something is turning the screen on a lot. Try downloading Greenify. I am not sure if it has to be on a rooted device since mine is, but if it does work on an unrooted phone, it will tell you what is running in the background, what is waking the phone (a phone can be woken even with the screen not turning on) and it lets you hibernate these apps, so that they don't run on their own, and will only do something when you specifically run them.
    OK thanks, I'll look into Greenock.

06-22-2013 08:01 PM
    Post a picture of your battery usage in the morning. It should tell you what is using so much battery.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    06-22-2013 08:16 PM
    OK thanks, I'll look into Greenock.

Autocorrected? lol.

The app says you need root access, but then someone without a rooted phone downloaded it and it works fine on his Galaxy S2, so...?? I dunno. lol. It can't hurt to try it. The worst that happens is it doesn't work and you uninstall it.
    06-22-2013 08:18 PM