Customizing question

Galaxia

May 24, 2013
Visit site
This may seem like a crazy question but here goes... Without rooting or using roms (I'm not THAT techy), how can I get my s4 to appear more like htcsense?

I've always preferred sense over touchwiz but the s4 is better for me in other ways than an HTC product. I'm willing to spend a few dollars on good legit apps if it helps.

Thanks!! :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

ajl

May 22, 2013
Visit site
This may not be the answer you were hoping to hear, but I am yet to find an app of those sorts. You're just going to have to flash your GS4 with the Sense ROM. Although I'm not sure what you see in Sense that Touchwiz doesn't have. However, I'm not in a position to judge.

Bottom line is, there is nothing in the Play Store that will suffice. Just flash a Sense ROM.

I realize you probably didn't want to hear this :/
I, however hope that helps.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
This may seem like a crazy question but here goes... Without rooting or using roms (I'm not THAT techy), how can I get my s4 to appear more like htcsense?

I've always preferred sense over touchwiz but the s4 is better for me in other ways than an HTC product. I'm willing to spend a few dollars on good legit apps if it helps.

Much of it can be done with apps like Beautiful Widgets, Nova Launcher Prime and some custom icon packs... that'd be as far as home screens, icons, etc.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

All you need is to download a launcher from the Play Store, and customize it to look like the sense...I suggest Nova Launcher, with many customization features
Once you download Nova Launcher, search the Play Store for HTC Sense widgets and icons...you could make it look pretty much the same

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
HD widgets, beautiful widgets, are great choices. You can get sense like unlocking sliders with pretty much any locker app I think. You don't have to root at all just to make it appear with that type of theme.

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
This may not be the answer you were hoping to hear, but I am yet to find an app of those sorts. You're just going to have to flash your GS4 with the Sense ROM. Although I'm not sure what you see in Sense that Touchwiz doesn't have. However, I'm not in a position to judge.

Bottom line is, there is nothing in the Play Store that will suffice. Just flash a Sense ROM.

I realize you probably didn't want to hear this :/
I, however hope that helps.
Like smooth said you don't need to root, just get a launcher from play store and customize it to the way you like it. On the other hand I owned a couple of HTC before I switched to the S3 and S4 and in my opinion, I like better Sense than Touchwiz and to me it is not just the widgests. One thing I don't like about Touchwiz is that you can just go round and round on the screens. In sense if you have 4 screens once you get to the 4th one you have to go backwards to the first one or to the one you have as home. I guess is just a matter of preferences.

Galaxia

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks all! I have Nova already so I guess I'll just dig around for some Sense themes. Appreciate the replies :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol