06-22-2013 08:01 PM
    I bought the Anker batteries for my S2 (came as a 2 pack with a travel wall charger) and I have nothing but good things to say about the brand. Here shouldn't be any difference with the S4.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    06-22-2013 08:20 PM
    You should be aware---I bought this package---that the battery charger is incredibly slow. Plugged into a wall outlet with the battery, it is 600 mha. (Using the USB option and charging the battery in the phone gets you to 1000, but that's not the main point of this charger; if I'm going to charge in the phone itself, I'll bring along the fast, included wall charger that came with the phone.) That 600mha is a crawl compared to the charger that comes included with the phone. The battery comes charged part way (around 60%). It took me 3 and 1/4 hours to get it charged with the travel charger. I don't believe that would even take an hour with the wall plug charger that comes with the S4. Anker's batteries do support NFC, if you care.

Samsung's OEM battery charger is listed as having better specs at 700mha, but it is far more expensive ($42 versus $29, AND only 1 battery included versus 2), and I can't really translate how much practical improvement that results in. I'd love to hear someone else chime in on that. My projection just from quickly running numbers is that the Samsung charger is pretty slow, too, at least compared to the wall plug. Assuming basic logic gives an answer, I presume that the Samsung would've charged my 60% battery in roughly about 2:45 instead of 3:15. That is still painfully slow compared to the wall plug and it seems all too typical of battery chargers. Projected over an entire battery, let's say it might save around an hour of time, again assuming my projections, math, assumptions are correct. Whether reducing 7+ hours or so to 6+ is a big enough deal, you and your pocketbook will have to answer. I would've gone for the Samsung, personally. This travel charger is in fact something I often use for travel. Saving an hour or so might mean the difference between leaving the hotel fully charged and not.
    06-23-2013 07:10 AM
    I agree that the Anker charger takes longer to charge the phone and battery. I feel this is balanced by having a charged battery on hand. If you don't mind having a spare battery in your pocket on the go, then it won't be a big problem.

06-23-2013 11:37 AM
    I agree the anker charger is slow to charge but it works. I find I put the battery on charger over night and when I wake up I have a full charge

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app
    06-23-2013 02:09 PM
    I agree that the Anker charger takes longer to charge the phone and battery. I feel this is balanced by having a charged battery on hand. If you don't mind having a spare battery in your pocket on the go, then it won't be a big problem.

It's absolutely essential to have a spare battery when I travel. There's no argument about that. I'll put up with what I have to in order to have a charged spare available. The question is just whether there is something faster that would charge a battery more quickly. Most battery chargers seem fairly slow, this one in particular.
    06-24-2013 05:16 AM
    It's absolutely essential to have a spare battery when I travel. There's no argument about that. I'll put up with what I have to in order to have a charged spare available. The question is just whether there is something faster that would charge a battery more quickly. Most battery chargers seem fairly slow, this one in particular.
    My stock battery charger works great. It's when I use the Anker wall charger that I see some delays with a fully charged battery. In terms of a charger that charges faster, I'm sure there's something out there. Haven't seen anything for myself.

06-25-2013 12:02 AM