so i am coming from iTunes and i worked well with using the playlist feature and synching my phone...

now that i am on the galaxy s4 I am trying to get my playlists and music within them to sync over.

i have the playlists under MUSIC in the Library portion...i drag the songs from my computer to the Library (each individual playlist)..

then i go to Sync and select the playlist(s) that I want to use...the thing is...most of the tiem it just syncs the songs and not the individual playlist.

what can i do to get this right? should i be using somethign other than Kies? What should i do?

TIA
    Mark
    06-23-2013 12:21 AM
    1 bump

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
    06-25-2013 07:42 AM
    I use iSyncr to sync my iTunes music and playlists to my phone, makes it fast and simple. Look it up on Google Play, there is a Lite version so you can try it out.
    dankduke1 likes this.
    06-25-2013 07:50 AM
    Did I make the poor decision to purchase a Galaxy S4 over the iPhone 5 as well?

iPhone scenario: Plugs phone into computer with iTunes, music playlists automatically sync to phone for convenient play. Total time: 20 seconds.

Galaxy S4 scenario: Download Kies, EasyPhoneSync, and 99 other applications to transfer music but NO playlists to phone. Total time: It's been 3 hours and I still haven't found the best way to do it.

All us Android users want is to play our iTunes playlists on our Android phones without the above-mentioned hassle.
    Melina97 likes this.
    08-08-2013 03:23 PM
    Did I make the poor decision to purchase a Galaxy S4 over the iPhone 5 as well?

iPhone scenario: Plugs phone into computer with iTunes, music playlists automatically sync to phone for convenient play. Total time: 20 seconds.

Galaxy S4 scenario: Download Kies, EasyPhoneSync, and 99 other applications to transfer music but NO playlists to phone. Total time: It's been 3 hours and I still haven't found the best way to do it.

All us Android users want is to play our iTunes playlists on our Android phones without the above-mentioned hassle.
    I use iSyncr. It's the best one that I have found over the last few years. Syncs playlists and also syncs videos to if you like. And remember the issue isn't with Android or the apps per se, it's more Apple that makes it difficult for devices not their own to do it easily. I remember they blocked syncing to WebOS when they first came out because they didn't want anyone to be able to do it. But again, try iSyncr. It also syncs over Wifi and trust me, like you I have tried a bunch and this is the one I rely on.

Now if you want to manually do it you can drag and drop all your music from your computer to your phone. And in iTunes, right-click and export the playlist. Take the playlist file and put it in the same folder as where you put the music and you're good to go. At the end of the day, this is all iSync is doing..... create the exported playlist files and putting it where it stores your music.
    08-08-2013 03:33 PM
    iTunes works better with iPhones. We know this. That said, iSyncr works pretty durned well a lot of the time. Perhaps on your phone delete the iSyncr folder and restart iSyncr. I remember when I first started using iSycr it would synch my playlists but only some of my songs. I realized it didn't like the AIFF format of some. Your issue seems different, again, try recreating your iSyncr folder on your phone.

Sent from my Note 8.0 LTE
    08-08-2013 04:20 PM
    I use Android File Transfer on my Mac. I copy songs from my iTunes to the S4. When I add new songs to iTunes, I connect the phone and copy the latest added over. As for playlists, I export the playlist from iTunes to an M3U file and copy that file over to my music directory on my S4.
    08-09-2013 07:26 PM
    I was told to use Samsung Smart Switch. You get the choice of what to copy from iTunes onto the S4 however, the existing playlists I had on iTunes are now 'locked' on the S4 and I am unable to add new songs to them. I have had to copy the playlist therefore giving me two of the same and unable to delete the original? Help?!
    08-12-2013 04:44 AM