Hi all...I have a quick question maybe someone can answer..... I just bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 and I have a Cimo S Case that appears to be a decent TPU case. My question is...will it protect the phone from a common drop...like if I was pulling it out of my back pocket....or talking on it and it fell to the street or sidewalk? I've seen the "proof" tests that Samsung employees put together about how strong this phone is....but they were dropping it onto sheer metal surfaces which didn't show how thick they were...so it could've been sheet metal for all we know!
    I'm talking real world dropping on concrete safe. Has anyone dropped their S4 onto concrete in a Cimo TPU case (or similar) and had no problems with breakage? You see...I'm 6'4" so a drop from my ear is a rather high drop.
    I also have an Otterbox Commuter series that a friend gave me for free...but it's so bulky and I cracked the screen on my S3 while trying to pull the phone out. This Otterbox is MUCH better in design to pull out your phone to change batteries....but I like the Cimo case because it's slender and way easy to pull off for a quick battery change.
    I'm just afraid that, because I'm clumsy, I'll still manage to drop the phone and break it. I believe the case will stand up to a simple drop....but I'd like to know if anyone has had it happen to them....and if they think I should use the Otterbox anyway.

Thanks for reading me babble on about this. Common sense says use the strongest case if you have it...but I really like the Cimo TPU case and want to use it if it truly does protect the phone...
    Thanks much,

Couch
    06-23-2013 04:02 PM
    I have this case for my iphone 5, Note 2 and S4. I had it for my Nexus 4. I have dropped my iphone and Note 2 with this case and both times it hit on a corner and no damage what so ever. I love the sides which help you grip the case Some of the TPU cases are slippery on the sides. A great case in terms of design vs protection.
    06-23-2013 07:43 PM
    I've had them in all my phones. Many drops and no problems. I'd stay away from the clear ones, they tend to get dirty pretty fast.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-23-2013 10:19 PM
    Big thumbs up on this case. Its the best tpu type case you can get. The biggest reason for this is those grippy ridges on the side. This feature alone is your best insurance possible because the phone wont slip out of your hand in the first place so you don't have to worry about whether a drop will kill your screen. Seriously I used to drop my phones all the time but in over a year with this case I have never dropped it. This is such a no brainer. Go to Amazon and get one for 6 bucks. A total no brainier.
    06-23-2013 10:37 PM
    I agree with all the posters here, I have an S-case as well, and I have them for ALL of my devices. I love them because they have great shock absorption as well when you drop your phone. Best cases ever, period.
    06-24-2013 07:56 AM
    Thanks, everyone, for your replies. I feel safe with the case on...and the side grips are key! @Anthony2558...of course I had to go and get the clear case because I thought you would be able to see the phone and how great it looks!! No such luck as most of the "clear" case is actually a matte white color!! But for $10 total with shipping...I cannot complain.
    I will use it for everyday use....and use the Otterbox for when I'm on a trip or something. Somewhere where I'll feel the added security is needed. I must say...even though I can't watc had Flash on the native browser (dl Boat Browser to get flash), it's a stunning phone....both in looks and user ability. Hands down the best smartphone in the world...for now, at least. What an upgrade from the S3 which now looks cheap by comparison. And a year ago, I thought the S3 a marvel of science!! How quickly things change, yes??
    Thank you again!!!

Couch
    anthony2558 likes this.
    06-24-2013 01:27 PM