I have been an Android fan from the beginning but I felt like I wasn't being treated right as a consumer. Every 6 months a new Android phone was being released and my phone would never get the operating system updates and that really bothered me. I had the very first galaxy and I loved my phone until the battery problems started to happen and then having to constantly pull my battery out to reset the phone. I left Android in 2011 and made the switch to the 4S and I even took my whole family with me. I loved iPhone everything was just so easy and then when the 5 came out I got the new iOS with no difficulties. I am a little torn in making the switch. I was waiting on Apple to WOW me in June but they didn't. Then this S4 just kept popping up and it left me speechless and made me regret making that change. I miss customization. I miss widgets. I miss being able to so whatever the hell I wanted with my phone.

Now here I am 7 days away from my upgrade and stuck in between a rock and a hard place because how do I know android won't abandon me again and leave me stuck with Jelly Bean when the next big operating system comes out? I just don't want to make a rash decision and then I am faced with the same issues.

Leaving iPhone 4S for the S4 in 7 Days!!!
    06-23-2013 05:37 PM
    If you're thinking about getting the S4, when it comes to updates, you'll be set for the duration of your two year contract. The S4 is brand new and already launched with the latest android version so count on many major updates to come

Posted via Android Central App
    06-23-2013 07:09 PM
    If you're thinking about getting the S4, when it comes to updates, you'll be set for the duration of your two year contract. The S4 is brand new and already launched with the latest android version so count on many major updates to come

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanks I'm thinking about it, but when I got my S1 it was new and it wasn't updated.

06-23-2013 07:56 PM
    Well, I can guarantee that you'll at least get Key-Lime Pie. I just switched from an iPhone 4S as well to get a GS4. I am more than happy I did.
    kozlosap likes this.
    06-23-2013 08:16 PM
    Thanks I'm thinking about it, but when I got my S1 it was new and it wasn't updated.

Assume for a moment that the S4 doesn't get an update. With the ability to root and flash roms, the ability to update is nearly negated. Most developers do a better job with updates than carriers. Now if you wnted to stay stock, you can get a Nexus device.

Sent from a M.O.A.R. Galaxy S3
    06-23-2013 08:34 PM
    I had a Droid, Droid X, an Iphone 4, a Galaxy S3, an Iphone 5 and now the Galaxy S4. I would have probably stayed with Apple if they had brought out a larger screen size, but the Galaxy S4 is a great phone. You will definitely enjoy it, don't think twice. I dropped a 32gb Sandisk, class 10 card in for $25. I use MyBackUp Pro to back it up each week automatically. The Google Voice to text is fantastically accurate. You won't be doing much typing any more. And the screen is marvelous. I sold my Iphone 5 in 1 minute on ebay. Go for it and post how happy you are later.
    06-24-2013 03:01 AM
    Why not get the Google edition s4. You won't have to worry about updates then

Sent from my Nexus4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-24-2013 03:04 AM
    I got the S4 (could be any Android device for that matter) because I want to root and customize my phone. I was rooted and on custom ROM the first day I got my S4. I like to tweak my phone just the way I wanted it to be. From the themes and colors to overclock/underclocking my CPU to optimize the performance or battery. I couldn't care less about updates that Samsung was releasing, the ROM developers took care of that.

If you want the latest and greatest, you can always buy the Nexus edition S4. Though, you will be paying a retail price for it and not a 2-years contract price.

Sent from my GT-I9500
    06-24-2013 03:20 AM
    I jumped from the iPhone 4S to the S4, i'm glad i made the jump. If your looking for a phone you can customise more than the iPhone and has a bigger (and in my option) better screen then this is the phone for you. I was a little worried at first to make the jump, but like i said i'm glad i did.
    06-24-2013 03:57 AM
    I am a little skittish. I will get the S4 because I love Samsung. It's just hard going from something that syncs so well with my iPad and Mac to something extremely different. I missed my device being customizable and Apple isn't wowing me anymore. They aren't changing with the times.

06-24-2013 09:29 AM