AT&T download speed!

chicagocouch

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Just a tidbit... I am on the bus and decided to run a speed test. I hit start and BAM!!!! 50mbps!!! What the heck, right? Yeah...well I realized I was passing a mall and sure enough....AT&T store right on the street!! Now we know why they sell so many LTE phones. You show a customer 30-50 mbps speeds and they're sold...thinking they'll have those speeds at home. Fastest I've gotten at home was 17 mbps...with an average of 10mbps. Both of those numbers are nothing to sneeze at...but MAN! I'd love to have whatever the hell is boosting their speeds, right?
Anyone else get some crazy speeds on their phones? I mean...17 was a one shot deal. I've hit 15 a few times...16 a couple...but it's usually 7-10 range...which is what AT&T advertises anyway.
If anyone has thoughts, like to hear them!

Couch

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Just a tidbit... I am on the bus and decided to run a speed test. I hit start and BAM!!!! 50mbps!!! What the heck, right? Yeah...well I realized I was passing a mall and sure enough....AT&T store right on the street!! Now we know why they sell so many LTE phones. You show a customer 30-50 mbps speeds and they're sold...thinking they'll have those speeds at home. Fastest I've gotten at home was 17 mbps...with an average of 10mbps. Both of those numbers are nothing to sneeze at...but MAN! I'd love to have whatever the hell is boosting their speeds, right?
Anyone else get some crazy speeds on their phones? I mean...17 was a one shot deal. I've hit 15 a few times...16 a couple...but it's usually 7-10 range...which is what AT&T advertises anyway.

Couch

I just switched from Verizon to att a month ago and att lte is so much faster than verizons my average now is prob 20-25 mbps my highest was 48

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
There is no LTE in my area so I still max out at H+ speeds of around 4mbps lol I can't imagine 30-50!

Sent from my Android Revolutionized HTC ONE.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Couch

Nothing is really boosting their speeds. What you get depends on many factors for the area such as the LTE signal strength, how many people on the tower, the congestion of network on the tower, etc.

Just means that area had a stronger signal for LTE (most likely) than your house. I'd assume since it's near a mall there are more towers than near your house since a mall will have way more people at once than a neighborhood.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

chicagocouch

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Good point! The town I live in...right on the border of Chicago....is so small that they've restricted any towers from beimg bulit near residential homes....so my signal is coming from across the street in Chicago. Well....a few blocks at least. That's why my dl speeds are so "slow!" I'm happy with 10mbps...as opposed to the 2mbps I maxed out at with my Sprint "LTE" phone because they just don't have enough towers. I do miss unlimited data...but if you're not getting a signal (most of the time half a mb!!), then unlimited data doesn't quite cut it any longer. Still think AT&T is WAAAAY overpriced....but I'm into them for 2 years unless I return the phone by the end of the month and pray that my S3 from Sprint stopsusing 3g and actually starts working like an LTE phone should! Very disappointed with Sprint and I was a good customer for 12 years!!! Just got fed up with them...although, at least their reps don't constantly try and sell me something! Ha ha ha...theirblike jackals over at AT&T! Blows my mind!!

sharpehenry

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure data required experiences, such as web browsing or streaming media, will be the same weather you have 5mbps or 50mbps on mobile devices. But yeah, it feels much better if your signal says LTE :)

Posted via Android Central App

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Good point! The town I live in...right on the border of Chicago....is so small that they've restricted any towers from beimg bulit near residential homes....so my signal is coming from across the street in Chicago. Well....a few blocks at least. That's why my dl speeds are so "slow!" I'm happy with 10mbps...as opposed to the 2mbps I maxed out at with my Sprint "LTE" phone because they just don't have enough towers. I do miss unlimited data...but if you're not getting a signal (most of the time half a mb!!), then unlimited data doesn't quite cut it any longer. Still think AT&T is WAAAAY overpriced....but I'm into them for 2 years unless I return the phone by the end of the month and pray that my S3 from Sprint stopsusing 3g and actually starts working like an LTE phone should! Very disappointed with Sprint and I was a good customer for 12 years!!! Just got fed up with them...although, at least their reps don't constantly try and sell me something! Ha ha ha...theirblike jackals over at AT&T! Blows my mind!!

I never got below 5mb lte speeds. And I have seen multiple people get 40-50mb.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Victory LTE using Tapatalk 2

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Screenshot_2013-05-27-07-24-39.png

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

Sprint isn't that bad, these are the Speeds im getting on my Gs4 at home With Sprint.. My HTC Evo Lte only maxed out for some reason at 15mbs where as here in my home on the same tower i got these speeds with the Gs4.. 1372132106402.jpg
1372132096354.jpg
I love unlimited data! :thumbup::D

From my Sammy Galaxy S4 :D

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I love unlimited also lol.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1372136656550.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372136656550.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 40
  • uploadfromtaptalk1372136672109.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372136672109.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 40

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
A lot of factors go into ur download speeds, how many bars, location, being indoors or outdoors, closer to a cell tower, or being near an airport...I'm on Verizon and this is the fastest I've ever seen...I've gotten 45mbps, 30mbps but I average around 17 to 19mbps...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1372150519789.jpg
    1372150519789.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 35

hitlistbombshell

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Extremely happy with this speed I'm getting in the middle of town

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1372186907009.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372186907009.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 24

chicagocouch

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Where are you guys located that you're getting Sprint speeds like that? I've had my fkn "LTE" S3 for a year now and live 6 blocks from the border of Chicago's North Side and I've never gotten anything but 3g speed and that's 6 months after LTE supposedly hit Chicago! I'm starting to wonder if it's because I bought my phone the day it came out and it's not equipped with the right radio?? It boggles the mind when I'm hearing people getting an LTE signal in Chicago and even though I'm in the city most of the day, I've never gotten anything but a crappy 3g "experience!" That's why I switched to AT&T...but I'm really not dogging paying the same price for 6gb that I paid for umlimited data as I love to stream movies/tv shows, etc... And these clowns charge $500 for 50gb!! That's just outrageous! I'd never hit 50gb....but still! And now they're pushing me on every fkn phone call to get Uverse Internet because my "copper wire" connection is bad" which is strange because it worked just fine until they came out with Uverse! Now my DSL barely runs! You can't win with AT&T and as much as I love my GS4, I'm thinking I'm going to send it back. Stick with my GS3 and get a replacement for it since the LTE obviously isn't working on it. Ah jeez! I'm so pissed right now and it's because "all of a sudden" my router doesn't work so I have to just plug in an old modem dorect and the speed is about 1mbps when it should be nearing 6!
I know...wrong forum. I apologize. It's just upsetting to see that I really had it good with Sprint and after only a week and a day, I'm already regretting my decision to go with AT&T. I only did it 'cause my mom left my plan to get a Note 2 and since I am payong for both, it's cheaper for me t o pay for one carrier since I'm still paying for 2 phones at Sprint.
Anyway...thanks for the info.
Some of those speeds are amazing!
I am averaging NOW...16mb at the front of my house...but only 9mv when I'm ib the backyard!! Wtf, right? I don't have a mansion. It's a regular (for Chicago) 1/8 acre lot! 1500 sq ft home! You can walk from front to back in 5 seconds...if that! Lol... It must be the 60 yr. old oak tree in the back yard, right? No rhyme or reason to it....and I've run about 15 speed tests! Oh...but get this...latency is better in the back! *sigh*

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Where are you guys located that you're getting Sprint speeds like that? I've had my fkn "LTE" S3 for a year now and live 6 blocks from the border of Chicago's North Side and I've never gotten anything but 3g speed and that's 6 months after LTE supposedly hit Chicago! I'm starting to wonder if it's because I bought my phone the day it came out and it's not equipped with the right radio?? It boggles the mind when I'm hearing people getting an LTE signal in Chicago and even though I'm in the city most of the day, I've never gotten anything but a crappy 3g "experience!" That's why I switched to AT&T...but I'm really not dogging paying the same price for 6gb that I paid for umlimited data as I love to stream movies/tv shows, etc... And these clowns charge $500 for 50gb!! That's just outrageous! I'd never hit 50gb....but still! And now they're pushing me on every fkn phone call to get Uverse Internet because my "copper wire" connection is bad" which is strange because it worked just fine until they came out with Uverse! Now my DSL barely runs! You can't win with AT&T and as much as I love my GS4, I'm thinking I'm going to send it back. Stick with my GS3 and get a replacement for it since the LTE obviously isn't working on it. Ah jeez! I'm so pissed right now and it's because "all of a sudden" my router doesn't work so I have to just plug in an old modem dorect and the speed is about 1mbps when it should be nearing 6!
I know...wrong forum. I apologize. It's just upsetting to see that I really had it good with Sprint and after only a week and a day, I'm already regretting my decision to go with AT&T. I only did it 'cause my mom left my plan to get a Note 2 and since I am payong for both, it's cheaper for me t o pay for one carrier since I'm still paying for 2 phones at Sprint.
I am averaging NOW...16mb at the front of my house...but only 9mv when I'm ib the backyard!! Wtf, right? I don't have a mansion. It's a regular (for Chicago) 1/8 acre lot! 1500 sq ft home! You can walk from front to back in 5 seconds...if that! Lol... It must be the 60 yr. old oak tree in the back yard, right? No rhyme or reason to it....and I've run about 15 speed tests! Oh...but get this...latency is better in the back! *sigh*

I live near the Raleigh, Nc and live less than 1mile from a tower. A few weeks ago the tower was 3G only but than a few days later i see a 4G icon, 5/6(6/6 sometimes) bars of service; and been smooth sailing doing just about anything with little to no waiting time for it to load. YouTube videos never buffer, games 1.5Gbs download in 10min, online game play is smooth, everything data related is awesome. :thumbup::D I've been through 18Gbs of data and no throttling whatsoever, and keep in mind im only 5 days into my billing cycle. :thumbup::D

From my Sammy Galaxy S4 :D

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

I'm on the Westside of Chicago and I avg about 11mb during peak hours.

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I got 52mb down and 18 up from my home. Usually between 42-50 on a regular basis. Att LTE

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech