Hello there. I'm loving my S4 . . . here are my questions.

1. In just the last few days, I've noticed my blue LED notification light stays on all the time. It's like it comes on when finished charging . . . and forgets to turn on. Thoughts? (edited to add . . . it's only on when the screen is turned off).

2. The screen is great, but too bright at night. Is there any way to turn the brightness down even below what Samsung calls "%0"? At night, I'm sometimes in the room with my baby son, and it's too bright to read. I don't want to wake him. Any apps to control this?

3. Is there a panorama mode? I can't seem to find it.

Thanks for any help/input you may have.
    06-24-2013 07:57 AM
    1. Perhaps you have a notification that you didn't address? Or perhaps you have a missed call you didn't check? I can't think of anything else this could be besides those.

2. Unless it's rooted, Samsung defaults its 0% brightness to a 5% minimum. I agree that in the dark it can be very bright to the eyes, but unless your phone is rooted, there may not be a fix as of yet. I believe iPhones do this as well, since 0% brightness would mean the screen is basically off.

3. Panorama mode is in the Camera app. You have to go into the camera app and click "Modes" to scroll through "Auto", "Night",... until you get to Panorama mode.

Hopefully I helped you out a little bit, good luck!
    06-24-2013 08:11 AM
    Hello there. I'm loving my S4 . . . here are my questions.

1. In just the last few days, I've noticed my blue LED notification light stays on all the time. It's like it comes on when finished charging . . . and forgets to turn on. Thoughts? (edited to add . . . it's only on when the screen is turned off).

2. The screen is great, but too bright at night. Is there any way to turn the brightness down even below what Samsung calls "%0"? At night, I'm sometimes in the room with my baby son, and it's too bright to read. I don't want to wake him. Any apps to control this?

3. Is there a panorama mode? I can't seem to find it.

Thanks for any help/input you may have.
    With several Samsung devices I've had, the blue light stays on if you unplug the charger from the wall before unplugging it from your phone. Have you done this, by chance? Also, in the settings, it is indicated that the blue light means you are call recording. Did you do this and forget to turn it off? Have you tried rebooting to see if the light returns to normal?

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.
    06-24-2013 08:16 AM
    Thanks for the help. Can't believe I missed "panorama mode." Forgive me on that one. I blew right by it!
    The call recording option was unchecked . . . so I rebooted, and an unread text came up. No indicator before, but it came up after. It's cleared, and the blue light is on.

Thanks for all the help.

Cheers,

Doug
    06-24-2013 08:32 AM
    No worries, glad I could help
    06-24-2013 08:49 AM