S4 Alarm, How to Stop Vibration/Haptic Feedback

soupguru

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting really annoyed that I can't seem to stop my phone from vibrating when I snooze or dismiss the alarm in the morning. I have the nice gentle wake up with a nice soothing sound and the wife is dozing quietly next to me and I dismiss the alarm BZZZZTZTZTT!! as it rattles across my night stand. It has happened with the stock Clock app as well as Alarm Clock Plus

It could be a combination of a couple of things. I've noticed when I set the phone to vibrate mode, it will vibrate. When an app (Timerific, NFC Task Launcher) sets the phone to vibrate, the phone will vibrate. I prefer setting my phone to vibrate mode at night and have it set that only phone calls will wake me up with a vibration. Is the alarm bringing the phone out of vibrate mode to sound the alarm and then setting it back when I dismiss it thereby triggering a vibrate to let me know if went back to vibrate mode? One night I tried setting the phone to silent mode but still got the vibration, so....

Or is it haptic feedback "on certain UI interactions"? I like the haptic feedback in other parts of the phone.

Either way, I'd just like to wake up without my phone vibrating. Any ideas?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dawsonnathalie