*Update* - Phone is turning off -Help with Deep Sleep - No calls coming in or set alarms going off.

titanium187

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello

I've recently started using a Samsung S4 after years of having Iphones so I am fairly new to Android.

I have an issue with my S4 going into deep sleep, this is when its charging over night or there is long periods of non use through the day. When this happens no phone calls can come through and any alarm clock that has been set doesn't go off. It seems like it turns off everything. I don't mind the phone going to sleep, but I would like to receive calls and to wake me up when the alarm needs to go off.

I have looked through all the S4 settings but cant find where I can manage the deep sleep. Yesterday I downloaded the "Deep Sleep Battery Saver App" hoping it would over ride the sleep mode currently set in the S4. Unfortunately this did not work and my alarm did not go off again.

I dont know if I have a fault with my phone as I cant seem to find anyone with the same issue.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Last edited:

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Help with Deep Sleep - No calls coming in or set alarms going off.

I have never experienced that with any of my android phones. I have always been able to receive calls and alarms. I know its a pain, but have you tried a reset?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using AC Forums mobile app

Rudolphe

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site

\
Hello

I've recently started using a Samsung S4 after years of having Iphones so I am fairly new to Android.

I have an issue with my S4 going into deep sleep, this is when its charging over night or there is long periods of non use through the day. When this happens no phone calls can come through and any alarm clock that has been set doesn't go off. It seems like it turns off everything. I don't mind the phone going to sleep, but I would like to receive calls and to wake me up when the alarm needs to go off.

I have looked through all the S4 settings but cant find where I can manage the deep sleep. Yesterday I downloaded the "Deep Sleep Battery Saver App" hoping it would over ride the sleep mode currently set in the S4. Unfortunately this did not work and my alarm did not go off again.

I dont know if I have a fault with my phone as I cant seem to find anyone with the same issue.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

A third party app isn't always the best solution... but since you're already using the Deep Sleep app you could try going into the settings and adding Phone and Clock to the whitelist. I'm running the app and haven't had any issues with the phone waking when it's supposed to.

infinity12402

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

are you sure its not going into blocking mode. maybe you somehow set it to go on at specific times. ive never heard of that happening, or had it happen before.

titanium187

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site

Hey guys thanks for your replies.

I spoke with Samsung and they asked me to do a factory reset. Which I've done. I have actually realise that my phone is actually turning off rather than going into a deep sleep. Has anyone had this issue. It turns off randomly, especially when its been idle for a long period of time.

Happens over night while its charging and has 100% power.

I might return it tomorrow since it hasnt fixed itself. back to the iphone 4s for a while until i get a new Samsung I think.

titanium187

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site

Quick Update.

I had a baby last week so, haven't had a chance to let you guys know what happened. I called Samsung and told them it was turning off buy itself and if they are aware of this issue else where. They said they haven't heard of it, but when I search online I see other people posting about it. I brought my phone back to my telco and the sales girl said that she has had heaps of S4's being returned for the same issue. There must have been a bad batch come out. I spoke with another person who owns a telco store and he said that the number of S4's coming back was massive.

Hopefully in the next week or so I get my new S4 and can move on...

Cheers

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
My phone occasionally turns itself off when attached to my car charger. My s3 did the same thing so I have to believe it's the charger, have you tried a different charging cable?

?Sent from my Sprint GS4 using Tapatalk ?
?? Formerly "Evo_girl"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007