2nd handset, GPS does not find my location. Have done a reset. Really frustrating.

Calidoc

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
First handset, had it for over a month, did 2 resets, GPS would stay on at random times even though it was set to off.

Second (and current) handset, have had it for 2 weeks or so, did one reset, GPS lags in finding my location and is wrong by a couple of blocks to a half mile most always, location changes even though I am not moving (because it's trying to find me). Wifi on, good network connection AND i just did a reset. I also uninstalled the Maps update to the factory version.

I've already gotten one replacement, what else in the world could be causing this except for a hardware issue? I don't know what the problem is other than I got 2 defective handsets. I really really want to love my S4, but with constant issues, replacements, resets it's getting hard. Other than to request a THIRD replacement, any idea what the issues could be?

Thanks.

Calidoc

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure how to interpret what it's showing me. It gives me two locations with random, red straight lines zig zagging. And yes, one of the locations is my correct location in my home.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
You've hard reset the phone and not installed ANY APPS... and it still isn't working? And you don't have your phone backed up to Google so that it isn't automatically loading anything after a fresh reset, correct?

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

Calidoc

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
You've hard reset the phone and not installed ANY APPS... and it still isn't working? And you don't have your phone backed up to Google so that it isn't automatically loading anything after a fresh reset, correct?

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

Sometimes it works and sometimes it goes crazy locating me. Today it's worked perfectly. Yesterday it was unusable. From factory, as far as I could tell it worked fine. I just don't understand what software would cause this.

Never had trouble getting a GPS lock on my S4 but did have this problem a lot with my previous phone. I used this app and it helped https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ils?id=com.eclipsim.gpsstatus2&token=J2vhixVL

Try resetting and downloading the A-GPS data under Tools.

Will check it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv