4g symbol

Galaxia

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Hope someone can help!

When I first bought the phone, the 4g symbol was always on despite it being connected to wifi. After some research on this very board, it appeared it was a caller id name app that was the culprit. Turned that off and it never showed up again (only when wifi was off or I was about to receive a message).

Now today, it's been on and off all day for no reason. The only thing that changed was I did request a phone number change.

Please help!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Are you doing MMS randomly throughout the day when your on wifi? If so that's why.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

Galaxia

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Are you doing MMS randomly throughout the day when your on wifi? If so that's why.

I do send mms while I'm at home on wifi but why is it only happening now after having the phone a month?

Galaxia

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm noticing now that the app caller name id which I disabled back in the day keeps enabling itself... I "stop" it and 4g goes away... About 30 seconds later, 4g comes back and the app is also back under my running apps... I'm not signed up for it so why won't it just stay disabled?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I do send mms while I'm at home on wifi but why is it only happening now after having the phone a month?

Before it was the caller ID app you talked about... Once you got rid of that app it will only show 4g when your on wifi of your doing MMS (either sending or receiving). It uses the mobile data to pull that down so that's why you see it for a little then it goes away.

Galaxia

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Before it was the caller ID app you talked about... Once you got rid of that app it will only show 4g when your on wifi of your doing MMS (either sending or receiving). It uses the mobile data to pull that down so that's why you see it for a little then it goes away.

It's showing all the time, even when mms isn't involved.
However now I'm having an mms issue where it will only send if I turn wifi off... Very annoying... Makes my want of the HTC one stronger by the minute...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It's showing all the time, even when mms isn't involved.
However now I'm having an mms issue where it will only send if I turn wifi off... Very annoying... Makes my want of the HTC one stronger by the minute...

Hm now I'm stumped... I know with my previous galaxies the data symbol would show up on MMS usage but that's it.

Odd note about the One.. My MMS sends through wifi.. Takes like 1 second and it's sent.. No 3g pop up or anything. Wonder why all don't set it up like that?

Galaxia

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Hm now I'm stumped... I know with my previous galaxies the data symbol would show up on MMS usage but that's it.

Odd note about the One.. My MMS sends through wifi.. Takes like 1 second and it's sent.. No 3g pop up or anything. Wonder why all don't set it up like that?

Stop! You're killing me lol I want the One!!