Is there a way to activate certain S4 functions such as air view and smart scroll in other applications.?

It would be great, for example to have air view in the Gmail app or in Tapatalk.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-26-2013 01:31 AM
    Unfortunately, no. I'm sure someone out there is already working on an altered version of the apps (totally insecure IMHO) but at least with stock apps and without root, you can't do it...yet.

Samsung has publicly stated that, at least for now, these features will remain Samsung-app-exclusive, but that it will eventually provide an API for other apps to be able to use them, too (FlipBoard, for instance, got to tap into the AirView feature, although it would have been GREAT if they had also included the "hover to flip" one...)

Now, although Samsung didn't provide a date for the API, it does mean that developers have to program this into their apps. Why am I getting to this point? There's an API already out there so that external apps can use the MultiWindow feature (at least without rooting). Care to count how many popular apps have implemented it? I dare you to find more than a dozen. So even when the API is out, I doubt many developers will jump on board right away, and if at all...
    06-26-2013 02:02 AM
    You can hover over the storied to see more...

Sent from my Galaxy S4
    Formerly "Evo_Girl"
    06-26-2013 02:14 PM