Changing speaker on setting for incoming calls on S4?

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Not a noobie, but is there a way to set the speaker to off as the default for incoming calls? I am in a crowded office and it would help. Thanks.

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Update: Problem solved. My wife and I have identical S4's, which replaced our iphones!!( a definite upgrade). The problem, as she told me was that when a call came in and she answered it, her speaker was on. I finally got her phone and looked at it. When a call came in, she did not get the home screen with a greeen and red swipe options. She got a large, Answer or Reject screen. When you pressed Answer, the speaker indeed was on. I went through each of our settings under Call and Notifictions, etc and could not see any difference in our phones. I then went to the top pull down screen that has the wifi, GPS, etc. As I was going through them, I noticed that she must have accidentally turned on Drive Mode. When I turned it off, her phone returned to normal, with incoming calls going to the home screen with the green and red swipe options. I hadn't ever seen the Drive Mode screen, since I never use it. You learn something new every day!! Loving our S4's!!

TutorPros1

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Rirruto,

I have the opposite problem: I cannot hear my ringtone, even though it is set to one of the factory ringtones, and all of my volume levels are up.

I've also gone to my contacts list, and changed every group from "default" to a factory ringtone, but still no success.

I think that I changed my default ringtone to "silent", and now I've forgotten how to change the default setting to another ringtone.

Can you tell me how to do that?

-Danny

perfectly flawed1

Jul 25, 2017
Visit site
I had this speaker phone problem on galaxy s4 my phone all of a sudden would answer calls on speaker .. I fixed it by going to svoice and unchecking the speaker phone option that some how got checked off I'm settings

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc