Who uses multi Window

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Different messengers can easily solve that :). All my texts pop right up (even from lockscreen) due to ChompSMS. Makes it cake to respond.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

I ABHOR a pop-up message on my phone. I ADORE the multi window feature and use it all the time... I was browsing the Internet and needed to look at my bank balance, checked it - made a transfer, then back to my purchase... I will often need to enter a number from text messaging to another app, and I like to open S-note while watching YouTube and take notes if I need... I just have a habit if multi - tasking and that feature lets me.

? Sent from my Galaxy S4 ?
??? Formerly "Evo_Girl"

bistwo

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I use it when I have to copy something from one app to another, but it is rather pointless since very few applications support it.

Posted via Android Central App

JGouse0498

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
It would be very useful with regards to keeping an open text conversation going while doing other stuff. That being said, I haven't used it for two reasons: 1. needs to have more apps supported and 2. (the bigger reason) I've owned a Droid X and then Bionic before this and I've just become accustomed to NOT having multi-window support...I genuinely forget it's even there!

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
What ROMS?? :eek:

GS4 Love

I honestly don't know yet, I just know it's an option most of them include. I have it on my s3 using MOAR and I am pretty sure Wicked Sensations has it. Just read up on the features in the rom you're interested in...

??? Formerly "Evo_Girl"

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I find this hard to believe. Youtube was the very first thing i wanted to test out to see if i can text while still in youtube (or not having to close youtube so the song can continue playing) I clicked mutliwindow, opened up text messaging and it took me right to my texts, stopping the youtube track. I tried the other way around by opening youtube thru multiwindow then going into texts, same thing......Am i missing something?
I have no idea if this matters or not, I'm just throwing something out there, but could it have something to do with the "Smart" Samsung features (Smart Stay, Smart Scroll, ect.) being enabled? I could see how the multi-window feature could not play nicely with those features.

Nicohlay

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
This is my A-HA!! moment...thank you very much lol. I love learning new things on my phone.

I find this hard to believe. Youtube was the very first thing i wanted to test out to see if i can text while still in youtube (or not having to close youtube so the song can continue playing) I clicked mutliwindow, opened up text messaging and it took me right to my texts, stopping the youtube track. I tried the other way around by opening youtube thru multiwindow then going into texts, same thing......Am i missing something?

Try holding down the second app and dragging it over to the one you already have open.(instead of just clicking it and letting them open individually.) That's what worked for me

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
How is it useful on a 5" display? You then are looking at two tiny 2.5" displays.

That be dinky, but a big screen TV for ants. Or a tiny drive-in screen for them.

rpscott02

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I use it for smemo, sms, facebook, internet and maps. I dont use it a ton but that doesnt mean its not a great feature. Its nice being able to take notes on smemo or sms from the internet or chrome or factchecking some fools on facebook

richs10

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
For me, its biggest failure is it doesn't allow the use of the stock calendar app. If I'm in gmail, it would be nice to be able to access my calendar to enter a date for something without having to remember the info by rote. Jeeze, the calendar is STOCK app. Why wasn't it included?

shoii

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I honestly don't know yet, I just know it's an option most of them include. I have it on my s3 using MOAR and I am pretty sure Wicked Sensations has it. Just read up on the features in the rom you're interested in...

??? Formerly "Evo_Girl"

Mhmm sure am interested.. would be nice to have any app in multiwindow.

GS4 Love

Winanto Wins

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I experienced that S4 multiwindow tray always dissappearing after some period, e.g after several hours screenn off. Anyone has clue?

Sent from Galaxy S4 via Android Central App

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I'd definitely start using Multi-Window if the S4 gets the Drag-n-Drop feature like on the Note 3....that feature is AWESOME!

neel69

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Long press the back button, and it will reappear if the Multi window feature has been kept enabled. Another long press, it will disappear. you don't need to re-enable every time from the toolbar.
It's ok, not a revelation, but I'd rather have it than not. I find for no apparent reasons sometimes it disappears even though enabled in the toolbar. (I just open the drop down bar and disable it, re-enable it..)

But other than that occasional glitch, I find it useful when I need it, mostly for adjusting Power Amp when I am reading an ebook on Kindle or Cool Reader. I pull out Multi-Window, load Pamp, change playlists, back out easily. It makes that process easier without having to go to some other screen to load P-amp, Messaging sometimes is helpful.

The real problem with the feature is that not enough programs support it. It has "internet" available for support. It would be nice if it had "Firefox," which is actually what I use. It has "mail" available, but not "Gmail" which is what I use. So mostly I use it for P-amp. Other things I might use it for are mostly not supported.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellie10