Who uses multi Window

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
It's ok, not a revelation, but I'd rather have it than not. I find for no apparent reasons sometimes it disappears even though enabled in the toolbar. (I just open the drop down bar and disable it, re-enable it..)

But other than that occasional glitch, I find it useful when I need it, mostly for adjusting Power Amp when I am reading an ebook on Kindle or Cool Reader. I pull out Multi-Window, load Pamp, change playlists, back out easily. It makes that process easier without having to go to some other screen to load P-amp, Messaging sometimes is helpful.

The real problem with the feature is that not enough programs support it. It has "internet" available for support. It would be nice if it had "Firefox," which is actually what I use. It has "mail" available, but not "Gmail" which is what I use. So mostly I use it for P-amp. Other things I might use it for are mostly not supported.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
It's ok, not a revelation, but I'd rather have it than not. I find for no apparent reasons sometimes it disappears even though enabled in the toolbar. (I just open the drop down bar and disable it, re-enable it..)

But other than that occasional glitch, I find it useful when I need it, mostly for adjusting Power Amp when I am reading an ebook on Kindle or Cool Reader. I pull out Multi-Window, load Pamp, change playlists, back out easily. It makes that process easier without having to go to some other screen to load P-amp, Messaging sometimes is helpful.

The real problem with the feature is that not enough programs support it. It has "internet" available for support. It would be nice if it had "Firefox," which is actually what I use. It has "mail" available, but not "Gmail" which is what I use. So mostly I use it for P-amp. Other things I might use it for are mostly not supported.

You don't have Gmail? ...I have Gmail on my multiwindow menu (I haven't installed any 3rd party "enhancement" apps either)

I don't really use it all, though I do think it's a neat feature to have. At first, I couldn't figure out how to work it, but once I figured out how to drag the apps into the lower and upper screens it made sense. Holding down the back arrow to enable and disable is convenient as well.

Cowboy8467

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
It's useful if you're trying to do something on your phone like browse facebook or twitter and you're having an ongoing text message conversation. That way you don't have to be constantly switching back and forth.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Have had my S4 for 4 days, haven't really used it. I know how to but it doesn't seem as convenient as it could be. I had it on my N2 also but didnt really use it on there either. I prefer just to switch apps using the recent apps window. :thumbup:

From my Sammy Galaxy S4 :D

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I find for no apparent reasons sometimes it disappears even though enabled in the toolbar..

This is the main reason why I dont use it or rely on it anymore. I had Google maps and gmail set, when i went to go use those apps real quickly....the sidebar was gone and i found myself spending too much time "fixing" it to reappear. Either theres a secret setting or button we push that makes it disappear, or just a buggy samsung gimmick

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It's useful if you're trying to do something on your phone like browse facebook or twitter and you're having an ongoing text message conversation. That way you don't have to be constantly switching back and forth.

Different messengers can easily solve that :). All my texts pop right up (even from lockscreen) due to ChompSMS. Makes it cake to respond.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
This is the main reason why I dont use it or rely on it anymore. I had Google maps and gmail set, when i went to go use those apps real quickly....the sidebar was gone and i found myself spending too much time "fixing" it to reappear. Either theres a secret setting or button we push that makes it disappear, or just a buggy samsung gimmick

Holding the back button down for few seconds will enable/disable multi-window...that's probably what happens.

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site

Just press and hold back button it will toggle it

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
It's actually pretty useful for listening to music on youtube while doing other stuff. But other than that, yeah it's not THAT useful anymore...

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Holding the back button down for few seconds will enable/disable multi-window...that's probably what happens.

This is my A-HA!! moment...thank you very much lol. I love learning new things on my phone.

It's actually pretty useful for listening to music on youtube while doing other stuff. But other than that, yeah it's not THAT useful anymore...

I find this hard to believe. Youtube was the very first thing i wanted to test out to see if i can text while still in youtube (or not having to close youtube so the song can continue playing) I clicked mutliwindow, opened up text messaging and it took me right to my texts, stopping the youtube track. I tried the other way around by opening youtube thru multiwindow then going into texts, same thing......Am i missing something?

jayarh1

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I use it every night i usually leave netflix running at work and use it for text msgs so I wont have to restart the netflix app

Posted via Android Central App

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I used to use it a lot but not much anymore...I used it for GPS on one side when Im driving and Music Player on the other to switch songs easily