09-08-2013 03:19 AM
40 12
tools
    And what do you use it for?
    06-26-2013 02:35 PM
    have had the phone for days, used it zero times. seems pointless when its just another folder to tab in bewteen.
    06-26-2013 02:43 PM
    It's ok, not a revelation, but I'd rather have it than not. I find for no apparent reasons sometimes it disappears even though enabled in the toolbar. (I just open the drop down bar and disable it, re-enable it..)

But other than that occasional glitch, I find it useful when I need it, mostly for adjusting Power Amp when I am reading an ebook on Kindle or Cool Reader. I pull out Multi-Window, load Pamp, change playlists, back out easily. It makes that process easier without having to go to some other screen to load P-amp, Messaging sometimes is helpful.

The real problem with the feature is that not enough programs support it. It has "internet" available for support. It would be nice if it had "Firefox," which is actually what I use. It has "mail" available, but not "Gmail" which is what I use. So mostly I use it for P-amp. Other things I might use it for are mostly not supported.
    06-26-2013 02:50 PM
    It's ok, not a revelation, but I'd rather have it than not. I find for no apparent reasons sometimes it disappears even though enabled in the toolbar. (I just open the drop down bar and disable it, re-enable it..)

But other than that occasional glitch, I find it useful when I need it, mostly for adjusting Power Amp when I am reading an ebook on Kindle or Cool Reader. I pull out Multi-Window, load Pamp, change playlists, back out easily. It makes that process easier without having to go to some other screen to load P-amp, Messaging sometimes is helpful.

The real problem with the feature is that not enough programs support it. It has "internet" available for support. It would be nice if it had "Firefox," which is actually what I use. It has "mail" available, but not "Gmail" which is what I use. So mostly I use it for P-amp. Other things I might use it for are mostly not supported.
    You don't have Gmail? ...I have Gmail on my multiwindow menu (I haven't installed any 3rd party "enhancement" apps either)

I don't really use it all, though I do think it's a neat feature to have. At first, I couldn't figure out how to work it, but once I figured out how to drag the apps into the lower and upper screens it made sense. Holding down the back arrow to enable and disable is convenient as well.
    06-26-2013 02:58 PM
    It's useful if you're trying to do something on your phone like browse facebook or twitter and you're having an ongoing text message conversation. That way you don't have to be constantly switching back and forth.
    06-26-2013 03:10 PM
    Have had my S4 for 4 days, haven't really used it. I know how to but it doesn't seem as convenient as it could be. I had it on my N2 also but didnt really use it on there either. I prefer just to switch apps using the recent apps window. :thumbup:

From my Sammy Galaxy S4
    06-26-2013 03:15 PM
    I find for no apparent reasons sometimes it disappears even though enabled in the toolbar..
    This is the main reason why I dont use it or rely on it anymore. I had Google maps and gmail set, when i went to go use those apps real quickly....the sidebar was gone and i found myself spending too much time "fixing" it to reappear. Either theres a secret setting or button we push that makes it disappear, or just a buggy samsung gimmick
    06-26-2013 03:35 PM
    It's useful if you're trying to do something on your phone like browse facebook or twitter and you're having an ongoing text message conversation. That way you don't have to be constantly switching back and forth.
    Different messengers can easily solve that . All my texts pop right up (even from lockscreen) due to ChompSMS. Makes it cake to respond.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.
    06-26-2013 03:37 PM
    This is the main reason why I dont use it or rely on it anymore. I had Google maps and gmail set, when i went to go use those apps real quickly....the sidebar was gone and i found myself spending too much time "fixing" it to reappear. Either theres a secret setting or button we push that makes it disappear, or just a buggy samsung gimmick
    Holding the back button down for few seconds will enable/disable multi-window...that's probably what happens.
    06-26-2013 03:57 PM
    I tried using it a few times, honestly multiview is a better feature for a larger screen like a 7 inch tablet.
    06-26-2013 03:59 PM
    Just press and hold back button it will toggle it

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app
    shaytoon21 and rpscott02 like this.
    06-26-2013 03:59 PM
    You don't have Gmail? ...I have Gmail on my multiwindow menu (I haven't installed any 3rd party "enhancement" apps either)
    Sorry, spoke too fast and misremembered. Gmail is there.
    06-26-2013 04:18 PM
    It's actually pretty useful for listening to music on youtube while doing other stuff. But other than that, yeah it's not THAT useful anymore...
    Shanicenicolle likes this.
    06-26-2013 04:19 PM
    Holding the back button down for few seconds will enable/disable multi-window...that's probably what happens.
    This is my A-HA!! moment...thank you very much lol. I love learning new things on my phone.

It's actually pretty useful for listening to music on youtube while doing other stuff. But other than that, yeah it's not THAT useful anymore...
    I find this hard to believe. Youtube was the very first thing i wanted to test out to see if i can text while still in youtube (or not having to close youtube so the song can continue playing) I clicked mutliwindow, opened up text messaging and it took me right to my texts, stopping the youtube track. I tried the other way around by opening youtube thru multiwindow then going into texts, same thing......Am i missing something?
    monsieurms likes this.
    06-26-2013 05:22 PM
    I use it every night i usually leave netflix running at work and use it for text msgs so I wont have to restart the netflix app

Posted via Android Central App
    06-26-2013 05:41 PM
    I use it every night i usually leave netflix running at work and use it for text msgs so I wont have to restart the netflix app

Netflix isn't an option for me
    06-26-2013 06:03 PM
    I used to use it a lot but not much anymore...I used it for GPS on one side when Im driving and Music Player on the other to switch songs easily
    06-26-2013 06:48 PM
    P0rn :/

GS4 Love
    06-26-2013 07:03 PM
    I do and often with the note 2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    06-26-2013 07:09 PM
    I use it here and there but some gestures i turned off and found them to be not useful. (GalaxyS4)
    06-26-2013 07:17 PM
    Different messengers can easily solve that . All my texts pop right up (even from lockscreen) due to ChompSMS. Makes it cake to respond.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.
    I ABHOR a pop-up message on my phone. I ADORE the multi window feature and use it all the time... I was browsing the Internet and needed to look at my bank balance, checked it - made a transfer, then back to my purchase... I will often need to enter a number from text messaging to another app, and I like to open S-note while watching YouTube and take notes if I need... I just have a habit if multi - tasking and that feature lets me.

Sent from my Galaxy S4
    Formerly "Evo_Girl"
    06-26-2013 07:55 PM
    I use it when I have to copy something from one app to another, but it is rather pointless since very few applications support it.

06-26-2013 07:59 PM
    Custom ROMS allow all apps to be added to it.

Sent from my Galaxy S4
    Formerly "Evo_Girl"
    06-26-2013 08:01 PM
    I used to use it a lot but not much anymore...I used it for GPS on one side when Im driving and Music Player on the other to switch songs easily
    Good idea. Too bad waze isn't an option
    06-26-2013 08:45 PM
    It would be very useful with regards to keeping an open text conversation going while doing other stuff. That being said, I haven't used it for two reasons: 1. needs to have more apps supported and 2. (the bigger reason) I've owned a Droid X and then Bionic before this and I've just become accustomed to NOT having multi-window support...I genuinely forget it's even there!
    06-26-2013 08:47 PM
40 12