06-27-2013 08:20 AM
    The camera on the S4 is truely remarkable. I typically take photos and shoot videos on my Nikon D800 but I'd say for people who carry low end SLR's and use kit lenses. They may as well just use an S4! It really is that good. This is the ONLY phone I've ever actually used a digital zoom on. Digital zooms are for idiots. This one has the megapixels to make some use out of it. I'd say it's got a fully respectable digital zoom. Not as good as an actual zoom lens, obviously, but this is still really good. Only thing I don't think it's that good at is low light. Not terrible but it won't be as good as what the iPhone 5's was like. When you get some decent light into the lens, you'll get some outstanding shots worthy of framing! A few of the photos I've had have really blew me away for what a phone is capable of.

Here's just a few of my very proud shots that I'd say are SLR worthy.
    (NOTE: Pretty sure tinypic may have compressed these but it's still the dogs bolls)

First one is outside in the typical "English Sunshine" (so forecast, no real sun)

This is in my room with just the light from the window, not bad, not bad.

Here's some low light performance. This was really impressive, actually. Best shot I got in the dark! Took a few attempts to focus up properly, though! Wouldn't expect this every shot, ahah!

Overall the camera is fantastic. As far as a camera goes on a phone it's an 9/10. Some do some aspects better than others but such as the iPhone has better low light ability and personally is better at recordings (in low light may I mention!) During decent lighting the camera really does show off!
    06-27-2013 01:16 PM
    Yeah... S4 outdoes a LOT of phones in Night shots, but people just don't want to believe it.
    It ties with the Nokia and beats the HTC One.

The detail found in the S4 pics are quite amazing.
    06-27-2013 01:41 PM
    For low light shots, I use night mode and I get very good quality images.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    jasonb likes this.
    06-27-2013 01:55 PM
    For low light shots, I use night mode and I get very good quality images.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    I haven't tried any custom settings. This is just typical photo resolution and on normal mode.
    06-27-2013 05:13 PM

panorama shots are sick too.
    06-27-2013 08:50 PM